New hunting truck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
not sure if its a truck or not but my dad and I took a trip to a place called 11 mile up in northern colorado, west of colorado spring. I was only 60 miles away from Pete today!

1973 CJ5 Jeep with the 258 I6 and 3 speed. Pretty much rot free under the frame/floor boards. Will need a decent amount of TLC but for 40 years old, what doesnt? The frame and body are solid to start with so its just a process of going through it, starting at the bottom and then work your way into the cab and make sure everything is as it should be, then add newer additions like carpet, refinish the seats, add rear seat and install new gauges for the important readings.
IMG_2728.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2723.jpg

We've been talking in PM's about it, but i'll say publicly. It's about time you bought a Jeep!

You don't have a leg room problem in a CJ5? I was always squashed in the ones I had.

no this one feels great. Real comfy seats too. I like how the pass side flips up and has the floor board area with a cover to hold all your flat tire needs.

I'm looking at those doors. Is the body cut to match those doors? Take a pic of the driver side with the door open.

no they are not cut to fit that piece you see on the body, I think that cut out is more for the soft sided door skins. The doors on it all fit around the body.

Ok, I was wondering if someone cut into the rear wheelwells so the seat could be moved back for more legroom. Some guys did that.

I just found some pictures of one of the CJ5's I used to have. It was bright yellow with the Buick V6 that used to come in them.

I don't have a scanner. I'm not sure how to show them?

that was a good motor for that one! Take a picture with a digital camera lol, only way i know of.

Heres the inside pics pete, along with the roof line at the front.
IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

driver side rear 1/4
IMG_2740.jpg

I see what they did with the doors. That's strange top alright.

I always had soft tops.

what did they do with the doors? I found a jeep forum so i signed up and posted the pics and some questions as well.

oh okay, i thought they were modded lol.

Shoot, $400 total for 2 front seats and a rear seat, all brand new. free shipping.

oh tires are no problem, we're going to start with the easier stuff first. Tires are not that expensive for this one.

Is your dad footing the bills? If so, buy the seats.  :D 

Say hi to him for me.

That reminds me of my uncles jeep up in WI. He bought it at an auction. It was the same color blue but it had regular doors. It was US MAIL JEEP used by the mail carriers to deliver the mail to the folks that had farms or cabins back in the woods. He let me use it on the farms back roads while I was deer  hunting back in the 90's.
Same jeep. Same color. Small inside and a 3 speed. Good luck with it.

Ray........... :Red tup:

Back