New hunting truck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its not being driven yet. Last owner had a plow on it.

Bumpers arent expensive at all for it, just adds up quickly.

Rocker panel trim and 1/4 panel trim came in! Gotta wait to install till the threat of snow is gone so I can pull the top of and install the 1/4 panel trim and new LED tail lights/Backup lights.
10995935_10152809450342875_4136764336325587227_n.jpg

LOL its blue and the rocker panel is polished aluminum, picking up the reflection of the house.
img_4621.jpg

Eh I hate big tires. It needs NEW tires for damn sure! These are 235-75R15 and thats what I had on the Isuzu Rodeo. I went everywhere in that sucker without a problem. I am getting the Mudd Claw tires once the steering box get replaced.

i go around things like that LOL. Up in BV that year, we hit that one nasty trail with big boulders and you just put the tire on it rather than go over it. Leave it to me ol man, I'll out drive you any day of the week :Bat:

After driving in the most hard core 4WL club for 30 years. I don't think so Jon. All you did is drive up a 2wd road in an Izuzu. Cmon Jon.

This is the hard trail in Buena Vista. Carnage Canyon. It's only average compared to the hammer trails we had in Calif.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN2GJUhq3pU

carnage.JPG

2960516-2b_Entrance_to_extreme_Carnage_Canyon__optional_route_.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

DSC03914.JPG

" />

LOL my ass! it was far from being a 2wd trail and trails like above are for yahoos that just want to destroy and wasted money on breaking things. You go up trails like that to a hunting area?

You went up a 2wd road. If you ever come back here i'll go up it for you in 2wd. No, I don't go up trails like carnage canyon for hunting. I was just showing you what my Jeep did. Of course that's just the rock crawling part of what 4wl clubs do. The climbs, descents, and mud are hair raising too.

Anyway, your Jeep needs bigger tires. For looks if nothing else.  :2 cents:

nope, they feel squirrely with big tires, plus their crap axles cant handle them. You should know that!

You should have a D44 in back, and a D30 in front. They're fine for a bit bigger tire. They won't be squirrely. That's just with cheap tires with weak sidewalls.

yep and 3.73 gears. I dont want to go much bigger on tires. Just no need for it on the roads we hunt. Gotta leave room for body roll and tight steering places.

I can hear you now.

Your brother........."You know if we had bigger tires we wouldn't be stuck now." 

You......."Shut up and push"

the only time i ever got stuck was when i hit a 2 foot snow drift LOL. Plus that jeep is getting an 8000lb winch down the road.

good for dragging elk out of the woods. You dont need them on the paved roads you hunt off of ;)

Back