New Knight Peregrine

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like that stock also so a few weeks ago I emailed Knight asking if they would sell that stock separately and they told me no.
They said that also about the UL stock, then they actually sold them to folks. Maybe once the rifle is readily out and about, they may loosen up on that. I'd like to hear what someone has to say about the rifle that actually owns one. I'd have to assume someone has one. ??

What I want to know is if the Peregrine stock will fit on any of the other Knights. I've wanted exactly that design stock for a while now. But the Peregrine itself isn't even close to "street legal" for ml in Idaho. I've asked this question to Knight, but the haven't gotten back to me.
Update; Knight said this, "Unfortunately we are not selling the stock by itself and it would not fit the Bighorn but would the Ultra-Lite but have not mocked one up to see what clearances would looks like."
I'm sure they will eventually sell the stock by itself, and I will be ready.

If it it fits the Mountaineer series, including the ULite it would really possibly fit the the DISC series.

This is an old Knight 45 Super DISC dropped in a Mountaineer/Ulite stock.

Knight-Super-DISC.jpg

And probably would fit a Big Horn but it would have a bolt slot cutout in the stock.

Quite Expensive at $1600.00 I can't see what justifies such a high price It's still a Knight a Mountaineer or long range hunter will probably do everything the Peregrine will do
With the price of crossbows shooting 500 fps and gunwerks charging around 8-10k for their muzzleloader, this price seeems about fair

What I want to know is if the Peregrine stock will fit on any of the other Knights. I've wanted exactly that design stock for a while now. But the Peregrine itself isn't even close to "street legal" for ml in Idaho. I've asked this question to Knight, but the haven't gotten back to me.
CVA and Knight are pushing legislation to change. I think 10 more states are joining the .40 cal club in the next year or so

If it it fits the Mountaineer series, including the ULite it would really possibly fit the the DISC series.

This is an old Knight 45 Super DISC dropped in a Mountaineer/Ulite stock.

Knight-Super-DISC.jpg

And probably would fit a Big Horn but it would have a bolt slot cutout in the stock.
Did your Super Disc drop right in or did the stock need a little work?

You really need to compare the price to similar rifles like the new 40cal Paramount. The Knight is made in USA and not from across the pond. It also includes a Hankins sizing die which is about another $160ish with the hand press. Spiral fluted barrel, tungsten bushing breech plug, Timney trigger and a carbon fiber stock. List for the Para Pro 40cal is $1700. The HTR version is $1200

Claimed weight is about a pound less with a 2" longer barrel. So i would say its priced pretty fairly vs similar rifles. :lewis:

You really need to compare the price to similar rifles like the new 40cal Paramount. The Knight is made in USA and not from across the pond. It also includes a Hankins sizing die which is about another $160ish with the hand press. Spiral fluted barrel, tungsten bushing breech plug, Timney trigger and a carbon fiber stock. List for the Para Pro 40cal is $1700. The HTR version is $1200

Claimed weight is about a pound less with a 2" longer barrel. So i would say its priced pretty fairly vs similar rifles. :lewis:

2 lbs is a HUGE difference in the woods

Plus, Knight got the twist right. :D Them other guys didnt. :p I would also imagine since the Fury is a .401-.402, Knight went with a .400x.408 barrel. A long time proven winner for 40cal MLII conversion. Guys were converting them over 10years ago with Pacnor 40cal barrels made for 408 Cheytac. :lewis: :roll:

I had lunch with Steve (video), their engineer and the other Knight guys last week.
Got to see and handle the Peregrine in their shop in the final product (2-3 year process) as the last time I was there, the stock hadn’t been received.
Nice rig.

Did the stock have a bedding block like the Ulite stock and is it a B&C stock?
1010_rem700.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back