New Member from Conroe, Texas

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, Been checking out yall's website for the past couple months. I had bought a Thompson Center Omega with scope several years ago and hunted with it exclusively even during our regular gun season here in Texas. Love the Black powder thing even though still a novice at it. I was given a 2 hour lesson on the gun before I bought it from a friend who was tired of Black Powder. He and a few friends started hunting Kansas and the Muzzleloader gave them a full month to hunt with it versus their short rifle season in Kansas. After they quit hunting Kansas their black powders went on sale and that is how i got into this addictive sport. I hunted with the Omega for about 5 years and bagged several deer and coyotes with it. Got a couple of my friends interested in black powder and they went out and bought CVA's, one being a Optima and the other friend bought the Accura. While we were hunting back in early November, I started looking at other black powders on the market. I wanted a camo ,thumb hole style with a barrel that was perhaps more resistant to corrosion that the Z5 barrel I had on the Thompson.
My quick search led me to a CVA Accura V2 LR. Sent the link to my wife( Mrs Santa Claus ) and should have something to unwrap come Christmas morning. Will be getting a scope ordered shortly as well, leaning to the Leopold Ultimate Slam. As I was looking at ideas for scopes and loads, it led me to your website here. Been looking at a lot of old threads trying to learn as much as I can on black powder. One of the things I found out on this site is that I probably should not have sold the Omega. It was a very accurate rifle, all I ever used was 150 gr of 777 pellets with 300 grain Hornady SST and Winchester 209 primers. It never let me down in 5 years of hunting with it.
I am sure I will be bugging you veterans quite a bit on powders, pellets, measuring flasks, etc. I am a rookie when it comes to most of this.

Just wanted to say HI.

Thanks, G Money

G Money,

Welcome to the Forum! Glad you found us. Like you have found there is a ton of great info here in the stickies and old treads. Don't be afraid to post up some questions as there are a lot of great guys willing to share info freely. :yeah:

Back