New Optima May be a winner

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spladle160

Reaction score
I just picked up a new to me un fired optima V2 about 2 weeks ago with a Burris Fullfield E1 2-7X on it and got to take it out to sight it in yesterday. after 3 round at 25 yards to sight it in here is the first group at 100 yards.
V2%20sight%20in%201.jpg
[/url][/img]

It opened up a bit after that but I was racing the sun trying to test as many combos as i could. I would like to find a combination with the 300gr scorpion PTs that will group like the 260s did at 100gr BH.

V2%20sight%20in%202.jpg
[/url][/img]

If you shoot and load fast BH will warm that barrel up quick and that can open up your groups, it really effects the sabots. The ambient temperature will also contribute to it. Try shooting 1 or 2 and then loading up after that barrel has cooled off completely for following shots.

Mine didnt like 250gr sabots, likes 300gr SST with 90gr of 777 or black horn. Could fit my hand in the hole that combo made on the buck I shot, massive damage.

I shoot an Optima Magnum (different release lever). 90 grains of Blackhorn 209 and about anything. But mine also likes the 260 grain better then the 300 grain. But it shoots both well. I have been testing the .40 caliber 200 grain Shockwaves in mine. Amazing accuracy. And everyone I talk to tells me that 200 grain is a venison stopper.

CVA's just plain shoot. I've never owned one that didn't, and i've owned most all the models. I've got the cheapest blue/black Wolf now and it's as accurate as the Accura's i've owned. V2's and MR's.

Back