New Pedersoli Rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It says it is a musket. Is it or is it a rifle?
I never heard of a musket that was .45 cal.

I am sure that was a term used by a gun dealer who has a limited amount of BP terms on hand and who thinks all BP rifles are muskets. Pedersoli still makes this rifle except the patch box is a little different. It sells at Dixie for $750 normal price but is on sale right now for $650. So I feel the total price with shipping of $355 is a fair deal.

I owned a Pedersoli Blue Ridge rifle many years ago and it was a good, accurate rifle. I just didn't like the way the tiny buttstock looked on it. I sold it for what I had in it.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/shooting/black-powder/traditional-rifles-shotguns/pc/104792580/c/104701680/sc/104641380/pedersoli-blue-ridge-percussion-rifles/1608547.uts?slotId=9

Sure looks like their Pennsylvania or Kentucky, but I don't know the models to be able to tell them apart. Both of those are rifles. The only 45 smoothbores I know of were sold in Europe and not here, so that reduces the odds of lack-o-rifling, too.

Looks to me like you got a pretty good deal. Let us know how it shoots.

It looks pretty good
Did you ask about the bore?
No I didn't ask. The rifle looked clean from what I could tell and most who buy a rifle this nice normally take care of them. Plus when I saw it wasn't selling for much near the end of the auction is when I really decided to bid on it.

They have made changes over the years. The new Pennsylvania rifles don't have a patch box but the Kentuky's do. But I seem to remember the older Pennsylvania rifles having patch boxes. Except for the Cabelas versions and none have patch boxes IIRC. So I will see when I get it.

The Dixie Gun Works site Pennsylvania rifles do not have patch boxes but the Kentuckys do. So i think mine is the Kentucky version with the older style patch box like the guns Cabelas used to sell. But Cabelas does have a Pennsylvania rifle with a small patch box. So I guess it just depends on the seller.

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/page/product/product_id/8607/category_id/316/product_name/PR3120+Pedersoli+Kentucky+Rifle+.45+Caliber+Percussion

The rifle - not musket - looks fine to me.  And in .45 it will be super.  Good catch.

The gun came in Friday. I will try and post pictures but I don't think I can here. The bore is good to go. A little dirty when I got it but it cleaned up just fine. One little chip where the front thimble pin comes through. No big deal.

OK got them to post below. I still don't know how I did it. Anyway thats the gun.

00513.jpg

00613.jpg

00813.jpg

00413.jpg

good price, good rifle, you got your self a very good deal. better than a very good deal.

I say you did very good on that deal.A deal like that don't come around evry day. :Red tup:

Nice catch indeed!

Let us know how she shoots. My Pedersoli Frontier .50 likes 80grs of Goex 3F.
She’s a converted flintlock to match her younger sister in .32.
Enjoy shooting yer’s

Latest posts

Back