Pedersoli target rifles any good?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1874sharpshooter, is that a Lee Shaver, "Super Grade Soule" ($500) sight on your rifle?

View attachment 29819

1874sharpshooter, is that a Lee Shaver, "Super Grade Soule" ($500) sight on your rifle?

View attachment 29819
It looks to me like the stock Pedersoli L.R. sight. A Soule sight has a "barrel" on either side of the sight for windage corrections. Windage corrections using this sight a not as precise as with a Soule. On my Pedersoli sight the windage hash marks were 2 1/2 minutes apart. On the Soule sight you can make 1/2 minute corrections very precisely. If I am mistaken on the pic of sharpshooters sight I hope he corrects me.
P.S. By the way, when you are doing the initial sight-in with your rifle, start at 50, then move to 100 yds. Have your rear sight "zeroed". In other words, have the range of windage adjustment in the middle. Set the front windage at "zero" also [if it has windage adjustment.] If your windage is off, drift the front sight in its' dovetail until the bullets are impacting the center of the target. On a calm day, repeat the process at 200 yds. to confirm both front and rear sights are "zeroed" and hitting the center of the target. X

Back