New speed loader type

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand why those with a Muzzle Brake might and probably benefit from this new device! But, for myself and without any rifles with a Muzzle Brake - I really do not think it would be something that would benefit me. My initial reaction is/was it seems awful bulky to me.

For several years now I have been using a Muzzle-Loaders 4-in-1 loader while hunting. I actually have no idea builds these for the Nuzzle-Loaders.com.

Muzzle-Loaders 4-in-1 T Loader - MZ1509​

1. Powder Measure
2. Projectile Holder
3. Starter
4. Palm Saver

1661619028861.png

Powder capacity - It designates that the capacity is labeled 140 grains by volume of powder, But.. if you load it to the top the capacity would be 150 gr V.

The other functions I really like is bullet starting functions of starting a sabot/bullet or sabotless bullet into the muzzle and then through the crown.

Then the ability to use the body of the Loader as an aid to seating the bullet on the powder. The loader does have a place in the body to place the bare end of the gun ram rod in to and become Palm Saver to push the bullet down the bore.

For myself this works very well as an in-the-field while hunting - loader

Last edited:
So finally decided to order a twin pack. But there was only 1 shipping option: regular mail. That would probably arrive after I leave for Colorado. Contacted them and they added a Priority mail option! So should get mine in time!

I understand why those with a Muzzle Brake might and probably benefit from this new device! But, for myself and without any rifles with a Muzzle Brake - I really do not think it would be something that would benefit me. My initial reaction is/was it seems awful bulky to me.

For several years now I have been using a Muzzle-Loaders 4-in-1 loader while hunting. I actually have no idea builds these for the Nuzzle-Loaders.com.

1. Powder Measure
2. Projectile Holder
3. Starter
4. Palm Saver

View attachment 22960

Powder capacity - It designates that the capacity is labeled 140 grains by volume of powder, But.. if you load it to the top the capacity would be 150 gr V.

The other functions I really like is bullet starting functions of starting a sabot/bullet or sabotless bullet into the muzzle and then through the crown.

Then the ability to use the body of the Loader as an aid to seating the bullet on the powder. The loader does have a place in the body to place the bare end of the gun ram rod in to and become Palm Saver to push the bullet down the bore.

Different strokes. But after trying to pour out some powder at the range in a stiff wind, with some granules blowing away, I like the idea of the wind proof tube for even a normal muzzle

Different strokes. But after trying to pour out some powder at the range in a stiff wind, with some granules blowing away, I like the idea of the wind proof tube for even a normal muzzle
I know what you mean! but.. at the range I really never use speed loaders! I am not in a hurry at all as I do want the bore to cool a little. So at the range I have 15 to 30 tubes premeasured out and the tubes are filled. For myself - speed loaders are for in the field in a hunting situation. In either situation I really have never had a real spillage problem, sure I might lose a few grains now and then but it really does not affect accuracy or POI to 200 yards. I do often use the thumb and index finger to direct the powder down the bore.

With BP and BP subs loosing 4-5 gr. by volume does not really affect the variance in velocity that much and you may get the same variance in just loading different loads. Some sabots with the same bullet may fit tighter or looser and with full bore conicals you certainly can get minor velocity differences.

But... as stated - I am a hunter/recreationalist shooter. Were I shooting targets for money or winning there are several things I would do differently to try to create the shot each time.

Used this speed loader at the range today and it worked quite well. I like to load as I would in the field during these last few range sessions before the season. I found it to be particularly useful when loading from a seated or prone position. Makes a huge difference not having to worry about spilling powder.

968893EA-995D-48A4-B9F0-8121FE433DB8.jpeg

I was under the assumption that in this type of speed loader it does not have room for a sabot and projectile. But it works fine for you?

1. Powder Measure
2. Projectile Holder
3. Starter
4. Palm Saver

View attachment 22960

I was under the assumption that with this type of speed loader that some sabots and projectiles will not fit. Evidently its working well for you.

Last edited:
I still use some of the 7ml tubes that I ordered about 25 years ago.

I also learned long ago that a "quick" reload while hunting is probably not going to happen for me. I get too nervous so I just throw the contents of the first "speed" loader on the ground. Helps calm me down. :roll:

Just picked up a couple 2 packs of this loader. New rifle for me this year, so I had to buy a few speed loaders anyway. Will try them at the range tomorrow. Excited for the season to open for me in 11 days. So...excited to feed my ML. Been too many years since my Knight has eaten, or my new CVA. One needs Christening, the other needs to be fed. Daughter and I will try to fill our tags with a nice mule deer in Utah, starting on the 27th.

What twist is your rifle?

I still use some of the 7ml tubes that I ordered about 25 years ago.

I also learned long ago that a "quick" reload while hunting is probably not going to happen for me. I get too nervous so I just throw the contents of the first "speed" loader on the ground. Helps calm me down. :roll:
I’m still using them as well.:lewis:

An update on this loader. After hiking about 30 miles with it in my pocket in CO last weekend, I did notice considerable static build up with BH209. So I would recommend the dryer sheet or graphite trick to alleviate that before filling.

View attachment 23301
static never occurred to me .......
is the dryer sheet trick simply wrapping the loader in one ?
what is the graphite trick ?

One folds/wraps the sheet small enough to fit inside the tube and swirls it around. On a new sheet you may be able to see/feel the deposit that's left on the tube but it doesn't hurt anything.

John

Latest posts

Back