new to the forum. from iowa

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoyodoc

Reaction score
I love guns. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here, now would I?

I have a 50 cal flinter, a 50 cal Thompson sidelock, three Savage 10ML II's and two 58 cal Zouaves. It's not like I have a problem, though. I can quit anytime I want. I just don't want to quit right now...

I live in Northwest Iowa. If you didn't already know, you can't hunt deer with a centerfire rifle in Iowa. The muzzleloader season is pretty long and under duress I can crank the shots out pretty fast. I enjoy the accuracy that muzzleloaders give.

I had a Thompson Omega for a while but it never grouped well and the ramrod snapped its end off if it was in the thimbles when the gun went off. I sold it and went back to my Renegade. Even if I can't say much good about my Omega, I can't say enough good things about Thompson--their customer service is absolutely first class and they stand behind their products.

I like the Savage cause I can use smokeless propellants. Which I do. Which reduces clean up tremendously.

Things have gone well for me in this sport in large because I can benefit from the knowledge of others. Which means I don't have to make all the mistakes myself.

When it comes to politics I am pro gun but I really distrust anyone in power except maybe George Washington. I'd rather talk about guns, hunting, and cooking.

Latest posts

Back