Newbie from New Mexico

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gundoger

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Cecil and I found this site while looking for some information. I have owned a Knight DISC since the late 80's and never fired it until this year. Have to admit I was afraid of it, none of my friends had one to help me out with it.
Anyhow this year my hunting partner and I decided to put in for a ML deer hunt. We have taught ourselves the basic's and have had a lot of fun learning. Just got back from a five day hunt and didn't get a deer but had fun anyway.
I have updated my DISC with a Extreme bolt and Lehigh bare 209 breech plug. I have also added a Nikon Omega 250 BDC scope, old eyes. So now I need to learn more and practice, practice and practice some more.

Welcome aboard! Looks like the muzzleloading bug already has ahold of you pretty good! Lots of good info and helpful folks on here, have fun.

Welcome to the forum!! Great to have you here.

I have an original Disc rifle I did the same thing to. 90 grains of BlackHorn 209 and a 250 grain Shockwave is an excellent load. I have to shoot a Remington SST or CCI primer with mine. But it is a good shooter. I mounted a Nikon Pro Staff 2-7x32mm rifle. What a great outfit.

Welcome to the forum. Where in NM are you from? I am in Las Cruces.

Latest posts

Back