Newbie from OH

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigV

Reaction score
Hello all, I just joined up today and am looking forward to sharing information.
I am no stranger to muzzle loading or guns.
My first smoke pole was a .50 Hawkens which still sits in my safe. It's pulled out every once in a while and spends a day at the range with me. I also have a custom built Kentucky Long Rifle .45 that was my fathers. The gun was neglected for a long time and I never tried to restore the bore. It's also in my safe but rarely comes out.
I have had a variety of in-line guns:
Remington MDL 700 .50
TC Encore .50
and I currently have a TC Omega with thumb hole stock .50 cal.
I use Blackhorn 209 powder (100 grains), Winchester M209 primers and Hornaday SST 250 grain sabots.
This I have found to be the best combination of powder, bullet and primer for my TC.

Here's a pic of my Omega:
1629omega.jpg

:D :) 8)

WELCOME ABOARD :!: :!: :!: Nice collection of rifles you have there :!: :!:
What works in my ACCURAS is listed in my signature. Tried all kinds of powder and primer combos but this is what gives me the best performance from my CVA's. Was able to fill my freezers with 2 does this season already and by the looks of the weather, that might be it for me.
GOOD LUCK if your still hunting :!: :!: :!:

WELCOME ABOARD ...nice set-up i like to see solid base and rings on a quality MLer .....

..we have some real ML experts on this forum [exclude me]

Back