Newbie in Az.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky390

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to the muzzleloader world. I just purchased a used Knight Bighorn once I get it fixed up and shootable. I am looking forward to learning about this sport and hope to eventually purchase a traditional muzzleloader like the Lyman Great Plains Hunter or T/C Hawken cap lock.

husky390 said:
Hello,
I'm new to the muzzleloader world. I just purchased a used Knight Bighorn once I get it fixed up and shootable. I am looking forward to learning about this sport and hope to eventually purchase a traditional muzzleloader like the Lyman Great Plains Hunter or T/C Hawken cap lock.

Welcome aboard! Peek through the posts here and you will learn fast. I did.

Mike

Welcome to the forum.

If your Bighorn as the 22 inch barrel try a .430 diameter 300 grain XTP and a crushed rib sabot... They shoot real good most the time.

I believe the barrel is 22" long since the overall length is 27 1/2" long. What is a crushed rib sabot? I'm assuming the XTP is from Hornaday?

Also, how's Wisconsin? Man I miss Friday Night Fish Fry's, cheese curds (plain or deep fried) and grilled sweet corn.

cayuga said:
Welcome to the forum.

If your Bighorn as the 22 inch barrel try a .430 diameter 300 grain XTP and a crushed rib sabot... They shoot real good most the time.

How much powder are you using?

In my little wolverine, I shoot 80 - 90 grains of powder. 80 if 3f. And I use a Harvester Crushed Rib sabot which makes the rifle a little easier to load.

Back