Nikon Omega BDC too much eye relief???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleboje

Reaction score
I checked out a friends Omega ML the other night with the Nikon Omega BDC (5 inches of eye relief) mounted on it.

Right away I noticed that I couldn't see the full field of view with my eye at a comfortable 3 inches from the scope...I had to move my head waaay back on the thumbhole stock to see the full field of view...

I guess my friend could have the scope mounted too far back, but it's probably comfortable for him in this position...but it got me to thinking that this scope may not be the one for me, due to the long eye relief.

Does anyone else have an opinion on the Nikon Omega scope in relation to the eye relief...good or bad?

Please post up and let me know what your experience is.

Joe

i like the long eye relief of the scope. you never have to worry about it hitting you between the eyes, even w/ heavy charges. i DON'T like the BDC reticle that mine came with. it seems way too cluttered, and the crosshairs are extremely thin. i would get one w/ a regular nikoplex reticle

I have one on my TC Pro Hunter and really like mine. For heavy kicking loads in those rifles that don't have the Limbsaver recoil system you will appreciate the long eye relief to prevent the scope smack. This scope also has an adjustable eye peice which you will most likely need to adjust for your own eye sight.

Attached is a Nikon video that displays the scope in action and the adjustable eye piece which might have been all you might have needed to adjust on your friend gun to better see the field of view.

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/muzzleloading/high.html

Curtis

I have the Nikon Omega on my Knight Disc Extreme and noticed the same thing; almost too much eye relief and the field of view is quite a bit less than most other 3x9's. Nice and clear, but I'd like more field of view and a little heavier crosshair. Thought about selling it, but the camo finish matches the camo stock on my Knight very well. May still sell it for more field of view during the off season!

eye releif

I love it and each scope should be mounted to fit the shooter. I am a regular nose/eye scope kiss person when I am shooting at game. I get excited and climb up on the stock. The long eye releif on this scope is wonderful for me. I shoot the 150 grain/250 grain SWs and the bdc is accurate as advertized.

Latest posts

Back