Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also looked at a Nikon Pro Staff just last week. It was in a little gun shop and the owner offered to me "mounted on my rings" for $169.95 which I felt was a pretty good deal. Since I have to go back for my Ruger Redhawk that is getting a RED DOT mounted on it next week I told him I would wait until I could research the scope.

From all indications and from my personal observations, it was a nice clear scope to look through. I could not compare it to a Leupold because I don't own one. I was impressed with the clarity of the scope no doubt, but in my research I discovered it had 3.6 inches of eye relief. I had wanted something with a little more then that for mounting on the Black Diamond XR.

So after doing some reading (Randy had a good review of the scope I decided on) and talking to some people that own them I went with a Sightron. It has 4.5 inches down to 3.6 inches of eye relief.

I got the Sightron today with some weaver mounts and threw that on my Wolverine. I want to shoot that tomorrow. Also, I was looking through the Sightron tonight at dusk in the back yard and was really impressed with their clarity and light gathering ability. These scopes are really something for the price...

If I decide I like the Sightron I will get another and put that on the Black Diamond and then throw the Bushnell Dusk to Dawn on my CVA Staghorn.

For the money...and dollar value I would not hesitate to buy a Swift Premier in 3-9x40. I have one on one of my Knight Disc Elite rifles and absolutely love it! Sub MOA gun and this scope can make it happen! Great scope, supurb optic clarity, fully multicoated, and tracks well.http://www.opticsplanet.net/swift-3-9x4 ... -674m.html
An often overlooked scope worth every penny. Right Chuck? :)

An often overlooked scope worth every penny. Right Chuck?

You better believe it!

Grouse...I have SEVERAL scopes right now that need a new home! Let me know.....I even have one with an "L" on it! :D

Boy the scope conversation always gets everyone going and nobody agrees so I'll put my two cents worth in too. Here's the deal people spend good money on a accurate rifle then go out and put a cheap a$$ scope on it. :x If you spend nearly as much or more on the optics as the gun I bet there wouldn't be as many problems. Oh well live and learn. I've been there done that. :roll: Get a Zeiss or one of the better Leupolds! :wink:

Here's the deal people spend good money on a accurate rifle then go out and put a cheap a$$ scope on it. If you spend nearly as much or more on the optics as the gun I bet there wouldn't be as many problems.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

dwhunter said:
Boy the scope conversation always gets everyone going and nobody agrees so I'll put my two cents worth in too. Here's the deal people spend good money on a accurate rifle then go out and put a cheap a$$ scope on it. :x If you spend nearly as much or more on the optics as the gun I bet there wouldn't be as many problems. Oh well live and learn. I've been there done that. :roll: Get a Zeiss or one of the better Leupolds! :wink:

This conversation is over. :) Leupold is it from now on. :)

Batchief909 said:
Whatcha sellin' Chuck? :eek:

I have a few. I had told Grouse he would get first pick. After that, you got next if you want it!

PM me what ya want to get rid of. Heck,,I'll send Kristel roses for first pick... :lol:

Batchief909 said:
PM me what ya want to get rid of. Heck,,I'll send Kristel roses for first pick... :lol:

:applause: :D She probably deserves Roses for putting up with Chucks Schedule. Go to work, go to the range, Talk to Randy, go to bed. :p :D

Latest posts

Back