Now I really need help!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Possum

Reaction score
I've decided on an Omega.
You guys have a better idea than I do as to what bullet should perform the best and which is better pellets or loose powder?

If it were me, I'd start out using loose ffg Triple Se7en. It's economial, gives good velocity/accuracy, and is generally readily available. 100 to 110gr ought to do the trick. As for bullets...try both the 200gr and 250gr T/C Shockwaves. Good accuracy and great performance on game... I've killed more stuff with those two bullets than any other.

big6x6 said:
If it were me, I'd start out using loose ffg Triple Se7en. It's economial, gives good velocity/accuracy, and is generally readily available. 100 to 110gr ought to do the trick. As for bullets...try both the 200gr and 250gr T/C Shockwaves.
Yeah, what he said! :yeah:

Possum said:
I just discovered the Remington Genesis. Anyone know anything about it?

Basically a CVA, stay with the Omega. The Genesis is not even in the same league as the Omega, IMO

Hunt 4 Bucks said:
Possum said:
I just discovered the Remington Genesis. Anyone know anything about it?

Basically a CVA, stay with the Omega. The Genesis is not even in the same league as the Omega, IMO

Well it's basically a Traditions.. :D which is BASICALLY a CVA! :lol: It sure wouldn't be one of my first choices although I HAVE read a couple of pretty good reports about the Genesis. The Genesis is not a Remington at all but IS imported from Spain by Traditions...

You were on the right track with the Omega....

My Omega shoots very good with 120 grs of loose 777 behind a 250 gr Barnes TMZ.

Possum

omega vs genisis = OMEGA

Second what 6x6 said those rounds shoot great out of mine and I am even using the XTP version of the bullets... I also shoot the .452 Speer Gold Dots both 250 and 300 with great results...

For Elk I am still stuck on Nosler Partition .458 - 300 grain PP in an Orange MMP sabot...

Omega's love them Shockwave's 200 or 250 gr. and 110gr loose 777 or there are 30gr pellets for the 50 cal . I am going to see if one 50gr pellet and two 30gr. pellets will give the same point of aim . Plus midsouth sells a 30 pack of 250gr. shockwavess for about $12.00 .
Sundowner

The best thing to do is just try different combos at the range and see which works for you

I might buy one of those Genesis thangs when they get down to about $79 each. Be anudder 1 ta play wit. :wink:

Latest posts

Back