Numrich Arms H & A Underhammer.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silentwind

Reaction score
I have a 36 caliber H & A Under hammer that came without a ram rod and wood forearm. I purchased a brass ramrod locally and an original hand guard from Nurmich Arms. My problem is I have no information on how the hand guard is attached or the ramrod is retained or kept from falling out. There is nothing on the barrel to secure the hand guard and no holes in the hand guard. I believe there is some type of flat spring to secure the ramrod but not sure. There is one ferrule on the front for the ramrod and it sets against the barrel. I did locate and purchase a small flat spring used on newer muzzle loaders that screws to the underside of the barrel to secure the ramrod. The underside of the barrel does have some marks indicating something was welded or secured to it. Maybe something for the forearm to be pined to. I could leave the forearm off like a bench gun but prefer it on. Thanks for any help.

I had the exact same gun I built from a kit 15 years ago but for the life of me cant remember how the forearm was attached.. I do remember I shortened mine because it was long and didn't look right.
You might call Deer Creek Muzzleloading in Indiana, believe its Waldron, In but not sure and they can tell you.. they sell parts for them or used to that's where I got my kit.
Here you go, may not have parts anymore but might sttill be able to give you the info you need.

http://www.deercreekproducts.net/

Back