Oh ye of vast knowledge...(that means yall)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wihill

Reaction score
Oh great and knowledgable shooters!

After successfully tripping over the rear end of a buck while wading through the terrible scrub (yes, I'm not kidding, it was embarassing) on a drive I'm convinced that I need a shorter ML than my Omega. Definately no fault of the rifle, I just couldn't get it to my shoulder fast enough in the weeds as the white tail bounced out of sight.

Truth be told a pistol would have been the best choice, but Momma put her foot down on one of those already. I'll have to sneak it in next year, and Xmas is right around the corner.

What I really would like is a a Knight with a shorter barrel (24">), something that can throw some big lead, but still be handy in the thick stuff. 209 ignition is fine, but I haven't given up on the idea of a possible sidelock either (I'm just not real familiar with them, and I like the easy cleaning of a removable breach plug so I can inspect the barrel afterward).

Any one have any recommendations? I've considered a CVA Wolf, but I would perfer something along the lines of TC or Knight - and I already own an Omega, so I'll pass on the X7.

Thanks everyone for your insight!

Chris

Yup any of the LK, MK, Wolverines etc etc will fit the bill. 22" barrels are available all the time.

KNIGHT WOLVERINE

Barrel - 22" 1:28
Overall Length - 41"
Weight - 7 lbs
Trigger - Adjustable
Ignition - 209 Full Plastic Jacket

My wife shoots one and it is very very ACCUR. with a Conical style Bullet
She is shooting a 270 gr SABER - TOOTH

once you go Knight you just don't go back !!!

RON G.

Knight Wolverine LK-II in .50 caliber and get some 300 grain Saber Tooth Conicals. That 22" barrel will shoulder fast, and that big conical will put down anything you want to shoot with it. I have a Wolverine and it does real good, light weight, and easy to carry.

Dcp05801.jpg

My Wolverine does not like powerbelts at all but with the Saber tooth it does real well. 90 grains of 2f Black Powder and that Saber Tooth will plant any White Tail.

The blue arrows are Saber Tooth & the Red arrows are Powerbelts.

Thanks for all the help gang!

I definately want a Knight for the next rifle, the only thing I can think of at the moment is with a 41" lenght, the KRB is only 2" longer at 43".

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

:D

I have a Colt 3rd model Dragoon(repo) that I will sell you.

chocdog

Try gunbroker. I hear there might be a place in OH selling the knight wolverines for less than $150 delivered :shock: .

wihill

I just bought a knight KRB7 SS / Black Comp I just had a chance to shoot it today and all I can say is WOW this thing shoots Conicals Fantastic
After getting it sighted in at 30 yds wich only took 5 shots I went to 50 yds and then 75 yds.

I was trying diff bullets trying to see witch one shot the best well they all shot the same and all were Diff weights this is what I was Shooting.

80 & 85 gr of 777 2fg

underclocks : U C shorts 443 gr .504
Bullshop : NEX 495 gr .504
PR : Ultimate 1 450 gr .504
T C : Maxi - hunter 350 gr .501 To Loose
NO EXCU : 460 gr .503 A little to loose
NO EXCU : 495 gr .503 TO loose
Hornady : 385 gr G P .503

at 50 yds & 75 yds ( the U C Shouts ) the ( NEX 495 gr ) and the ( PR Ultimate 1 450 gr )
WERE all shooting almost 1 ragged hole at all DIST.

THIS IS ONE FINE RIFLE , VERY VERY HAPPY WITH IT Would Recom. to any one looking for a Conical gun .

RON G.

An Omega X7 is the perfect rifle for situations such as you are talking about..

Latest posts

Back