ok new problem wont group

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well got the breechplug cleaned I can blow throught it now and my Knight dics extreme is cleaned,had to use my 243 during deer season as I could not get my knight to zero,usally it will a hold under an inch but al of a sudden it was shooting a 5 inch group checkcked everthing made sure it was tight,the scope is 10 years old, I bought the gun used,it is a Bushnell,I beleave a cheaper end scope,so I ordered a new scope Viper HS 4x16 44mm,hoping that will take care the problem,i did notice that the bore was dirtier than normal,I was useing buck209 100grains,could I have gotton a can of bad powder,has anybody else ever had bad powder just a thought.

I am wondering more about the fit of the barrel in the barrel channel of the stock. Tighten the recoil lug screw in the stock - then remove the screw. Will the barreled action remove from the stock with no indication that it might be stuck or sticking in a given spot.

Wait did you try the new scope yet?

no not yet ordered thursday,i didnt c aproblem with the bedding that is one of the reasons I stripped it and cleaned it today.It just went from shooting fine one moment to shooting 5 inch groups the next.

no not yet ordered thursday,i didnt c aproblem with the bedding that is one of the reasons I stripped it and cleaned it today.It just went from shooting fine one moment to shooting 5 inch groups the next.

Hopefully the new scope will solve the problem... make sure the bases are tight!

well got the breechplug cleaned I can blow throught it now and my Knight dics extreme is cleaned,had to use my 243 during deer season as I could not get my knight to zero,usally it will a hold under an inch but al of a sudden it was shooting a 5 inch group checkcked everthing made sure it was tight,the scope is 10 years old, I bought the gun used,it is a Bushnell,I beleave a cheaper end scope,so I ordered a new scope Viper HS 4x16 44mm,hoping that will take care the problem,i did notice that the bore was dirtier than normal,I was useing buck209 100grains,could I have gotton a can of bad powder,has anybody else ever had bad powder just a thought.
Take the action screws out and see if you can move it back and forth in the stock if so it "could" be a issue ?

If it's an old Bushnell, send it back to the manufacture and they will do something for you

Not likely. Only the newer ones were covered by a "lifetime" warranty and Bushnell says a lifetime is only 30 years to them! I'm done with Bushnell!

Latest posts

Back