Ok Something Different On Channel Cats

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot1

Reaction score
The other day use my Medium Action Spincasters with 12# Test Line, Baited up, cast out, no weight, open my Bail, put in Rod Holder. Caught 5. Didn't hesitate taking the bait.

SAM_0173_zpsgtnj4akj.jpg

oneshot

Awesome catch oneshot!  Catfish are excellent eating.  How do you cook them :?:

Marty said:
Awesome catch oneshot!  Catfish are excellent eating.  How do you cook them :?:

Ok because of a so called weight problem, bread and bake them but like them breaded and Deep Fried.

Had some Buffalo Wing Breading the other day. Wasn't Bad.

oneshot

Good on ya Oneshot. A little more detail please. Treble or single hook? Size? Bait?
Thx
TC

Standing Bear said:
Good on ya Oneshot.  A little more detail please. Treble or single hook?  Size?  Bait?
Thx
TC
<a href='/tags/4' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #4'>#4</a> Treble, Sonny's Dip Blood. Thinking going with Single Hook on all for the simple fact they swallowed the Hooks, I just cut them off, retied a Hook. Cut the Hooks out when I cleaned them.

I got some Rabbit Livers and Lungs that I'm going to use. Lungs I usually catch Blues.

oneshot

Rabbit lungs .. that's one I never heard before. Those big blues are delicious.

I've used cut bait with good success on the Mississippi River.  Just cut a 6" - 7" sucker minnow into 3/4" slices. I put one slice on a single hook.  Some times you have to adjust it a couple times so it doesn't spin in the current.

patocazador said:
Rabbit lungs .. that's one I never heard before. Those big blues are delicious.

I've used Turkey and Hog Lungs with good success. Think because they have some Blood and Float.

oneshot

Latest posts

Back