Old lube in conicals ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michiganbowbender

Reaction score
I found some more Bull Shop bullets I put away several years ago. Dan lubed them but obviously the lube, although still in the grooves, is old by now. I used a card with them and will if I decide to keep them, what would a new owner need to do ?

Thanks......If I decide to list them for sale could the new owner add some fresh lube to fill in any small spaces in the grooves if needed and to aid in loading ?
I've got close to 100 of Dans' all lead conicals, more or less that I don't see myself using..

That would not be a problem, providing the new owner has their own lube. You could do the same thing by buying Bullshop's Nasa lube and re-lube them yourself.

Thanks for the help.
At $34.00 shipped for 1lb that I will have no further need for I'll let the new owner lube them himself, lol.
I'll probably work up an ad here soon.

Just tumble lube with liquid Alox or rooster lube and it will soften the old lube shortly an there good as new.

Just shoot them with the old lube, under heat and pressure of the trip up the barrel it will be IMHO just fine.

Actually I opened the sealed boxes to find the lube still soft and sticky, then they were sold to a member here. Thanks John

Back