Old Newbe

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oleo40

Reaction score
Just found your forum and after a small wait here I am. I own a Knight Big Horn and have shot a few deer with it and really like how accurate it is. [if I don't shake] I am in my 70's so if anyone has an answer to the shakes, fill me in. I use shooting sticks so when the target comes back around I shoot :lol: :lol: I really just enjoy shooting the gun. Hope to learn more of this great sport. Ole

Welcome to the forum.

The shaking part.. have you ever heard them talk about coffee drinkers and non coffee drinkers. Supposedly caffeine can cause the shakes. In my case if I don't get my coffee fix it causes the shakes. I shoot off shooting sticks also, and I would be lost without them. My off hand shooting is not good. That is a polite way of saying it stinks.

oleo40 said:
Just found your forum and after a small wait here I am. I own a Knight Big Horn and have shot a few deer with it and really like how accurate it is. [if I don't shake] I am in my 70's so if anyone has an answer to the shakes, fill me in. I use shooting sticks so when the target comes back around I shoot :lol: :lol: I really just enjoy shooting the gun. Hope to learn more of this great sport. Ole

Welcome aboard... you got a good rifle and the fact that at the age of 70 you are still enjoying it and hunting is absolutely great.... keep on trucking - well shooting

Thanks everyone. Glad to be here, I have been looking all day and If I was not so OLD I would like one of those new Knights. :lol: OH well, one can dream-right?

:D

Glad you found the place........WELCOME :!: :!: :!:

Ray......... :wink:

It's hell getting old but staying active and doing your best is a whole lot better than sitting around doing nothing! The shakes, well that goes with being 70 for a lot of people but at least you're learning to work around it.
I would be lost without my shooting stick and I don't shake. I'm only 64 but don't plan of retiring from being active any time soon.

FireFly908..64, why you are just getting started. :lol: On a good day my shooting stick almost makes the shakes go away. Now all I have to do is find a deer.

The shakes left me when i turned 75, now i just kind of move a little bit, at least i"am moving!! :wink:

Latest posts

Back