On the streets.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like he sold it or maybe he’s possibly moving in it himself. If you have receipts for the work you did on the house take them with you, you can sue him for that much money anyway. He can’t force you to leave in less than 30 days like everyone is saying. The law won’t do that without serving you and they will be a minimum of 30 days from the day he files. Don’t worry or get upset, this will work out in your favor. Try going to the courthouse and talking to a clerk about it and/or the sheriffs dept, get all the info you can. Hang in there, Best wishes

God and the law are on your side. I would not recommend holding out any rent, you have done well up until now and there is no reason to tarnish that now. i would spend a little time on the phone or internet and get some good legal advice. DO NOT PANIC, that is what your new landlord wants you to do.
Everyone should have a relationship with a Lawyer, not a personal injury lawyer but a Lawyer that will look after your best interest. I have been there and I have learned. I would not go to the Yellow pages but ask people you know who might recommend someone, around here many lawyers will talk to you for free at the first appointment. I just had my will updated today. I would look for an attorney that does everything, Real estate, Wills all general legal stuff. It is well worth it in the long run. My attorney protects me like a pit bull.Don't try to do it alone.Good Luck, Waxxy
Ya got half that right, the law is on his side, no manmade gods/gods involved really

The son isn't following the law when it comes to legal notice. He must follow the law or his actions won't stand up in court. That is, if you have a formal written lease.

If you do have a written lease, contact some local tenant aid groups. They usually deal with deadbeat tenants, but they should be able to help you.

In my experience the best way to find a place is networking, not just by looking at for rent ads. Talk to people you run across like gas station attendants, store clerks, etc and ask if they know of any places for rent. Word of mouth places are often cheaper than places that are advertised. You might also want to put up a looking to rent ad on CL and such.

I think I just heard on the morning news that with the new stimulus pakage coming out that the rent eviction moritorium will extend til the end of March.So I am trying to check up on that to see how valid that really is.
The gov't will keep extending it a month or two at a time til the covid pandemic is under control.

I spoke to a lawyer(free) and told him what was going on and he said he wanted my land lords phone number.So 15 minutes ago I got a call back from the lawyer and he said he explained to the land how in the wrong he was.Told him he could give me to the end of next month and get a months rent or have me wait til he starts an eviction and get nothing and take the chance that a judge could award things in my favor.Then I got a call from my land lord and extended my stay til the end of Feb. with a months rent paid. One free phone call and it was all taken care of. This is for the land lord.:moon: Thanks every one for all your support.

Well I have lived in this house almost 10 years.My land lord was an old viet nam marine.He passed away recently and his son stopped by today with a hand written letter he printed off a computer.I have til the 31st of this month to remove myself and belongings from this house. No reason or rhyme as to why except it is exchanging handsI have never been late or not paid my rent in all this time.So now I have to try and find a storge facility and then someplace to stay .With all this covid-19,no one wants to talk to any one or fillout an application.So if I am not on for awhile,I have to have all the utilities and the water shut off before I leave because I am not going to leave them in my name for him to try and use them.Thanks every one for listening at my raving on.On the road again!!
Get a (UGG) lawyer

I spoke to a lawyer(free) and told him what was going on and he said he wanted my land lords phone number.So 15 minutes ago I got a call back from the lawyer and he said he explained to the land how in the wrong he was.Told him he could give me to the end of next month and get a months rent or have me wait til he starts an eviction and get nothing and take the chance that a judge could award things in my favor.Then I got a call from my land lord and extended my stay til the end of Feb. with a months rent paid. One free phone call and it was all taken care of. This is for the land lord.:moon: Thanks every one for all your support.
Thats awesome man. Glad to hear ya got some reprieve & some time & the free rent - bonus points. Well wishes

Great news! Hope you find a place nicer than the one your in now! It's easy to settle in and be comfy, but being forced to move gets the anxiety flowing! Good luck.

Well guys,going to take the big leap today.I am going to talk to my vso(veterans service officer).Being a disabled veteran and having an eigibility certificate from the v.a I am going to look into buying a house.After a long talk to my brother last night that all makes sense.He thinks I have a better than average chance.At least I won't have to deal with what I just went through.I would be my own landlord.No down payment,Low interest rates and lower payments than what my rent is here.After I talk to my vso,I am going to start driving around and look and see what is out there.Wish me good luck.😆

You should be able to find something decent with taxes and ins. included for less than your rent payment. Go for it.

Good deal. 30 year fixed mortgage rates are 3 percent, something like that?
When I bought my first house, I got a FHA loan. No money down, it was a nobrainer.
Hope you have as easy time if it as I did.

Thanks everyone for all the advice.I have not one time been late on my rent the entire I have been here.Nor have I done any damage to the probery.As a matter of fact I have been without cld water in my bathroom since last March.And there have been times things neede fixed that he did not do but I took money out of my pockets to get things fixed.I thought about not paying this coming months rent and make him take me to court and then sees what happens.At least I may gain a little more time in order to find a place.
Unless you have an actual lease,you are considered a month to month tenant. How ever,like has been stated the land lord cannot legally evict during this pandemic. If he has you put out you have a very winnable civil suit against him which more than likely you would end up owning the property in which you reside...Tell him to see you in Landlord/Tenant Court.

Very smart move. I sold real estate for years. I would now find an experienced real estate agent to help you find a suitable home. I would recommend getting a home inspector contingent on the purchase and talking to your new found attorney about closing. I have good vibes about the attorney you have chosen. My only regret in my purchases are that I did not buy sooner or did not buy more. Best of luck friend..

Latest posts

Back