Under Armour Bozeman Boots review

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Well guys, I am fed up with Under Armours marketing campaign and high priced chinese made junk that they resell for huge profit.

A couple weeks before my Colorado hunting season I went to BassPro and bought  a new pair of the under armour bozeman boots as they felt great and price was ok in my book.

I wore them around the house and when ever I went to do things so they would break in.

4 days into the elk hunt with fairly easy walking, I noticed some stitching popping out in front of the pinkie toe area, only 3/4" above it. That kind of made me frown but I could live with it for the time being until hunting season was over.

I actually have SHIRTS that have a heavier duty thread than what Under Armour uses in their boots!

Now comes my New Mexico hunt and on day 6 a cold front moves in, leaving behind it, low fog and dew on the grass. After the morning hunt, my boots were SOAKED. Mind you, Under Armour nicely stitched a (WATERPROOF) tag on the outside of the boot. Yeah, I found out the hard way as my feet were soaked for the next 2 days with just the due from the grass.

After the New Mexico hunt I ended up taking them back to basspro and they exchanged them for a new pair. I can always waterproof with Scotch Guard anyway. But what I do need is a sturdy, comfortable boot.

Got my new pair, went home and wham! I take a size 13M in this boot. The left foot fits like a glove as they'd say, and the other boot fits like an OJ Simpson glove. Super tight and when you walk, it makes a loud suction cup/popping sound on all terrain, INCLUDING dirt!

I already made sure to write my complain on UA's facebook page twice now. Once for the first pair and now the second paid which will be returned to BassPro and this time, a refund will be asked for so I can go and buy a quality product instead of a made in china- hyped marketing campaign product.

Stay away from these boots! I give them a 2 middle finger rating in quality.

636990_ts.jpg

Thank you Jon,

It's good to know when a product is lousy so others don't have to waste their hard earned cash.

Thanks again,

Thanks for posting this review Jon. I have been looking at new boots online and this was one pair I was looking at. I had read some other reviews about them not being waterproof even though they are marketed as being waterproof. 
I looking for a replacement for my Rocky Bearclaws. They have been fine and mostly comfortable but I about break my ankle putting them on. Once on they are fine but a little heavy. Hopefully I will be able to find a good boot.

I have always felt that all Under Armor products were overpriced. I never bought any for that reason. I was given 2 UA T-shirts and all they make me do is sweat twice as much as cotton. It's like wearing a plastic garbage bag. I don't care for it one bit.

As far as boots go, I wear LaCrosse rubber boots. The Grange in warm weather and Burly in cold. The are not ideal but control scent and keep my feet dry if worn with polypro and wool socks. They cost ~$70-90/ pair so you can replace them when they split ... which they will in about 2+ years.

What a surprise! Under Armour deleted my FB post along with the link to the actual review with all the problems Ive had with their boots.

Jon..call Bass Pro and tell them...either get a refund or different boots...I bought some UA boots a few years ago on sale..waterproof and all...first snow I wore them..by the time I got to pasture which is 1/4 mile, my feet were soaked..UA is so over priced for junk if you ask me...I got a pair of Danners next..best boot I owned..plus muck boots La Crosse great boot

Al-53 the Dannera are one that have caught my eye the most. I have been wearing some Lacrosse un-insulated and they are ok except the soles are more of a work boot and have horrible traction.

I certainly will take a look at the Danner boots. I already got in contact with basspro to let them know whats going on with this brand. They offered to replace them at once. I will just bring them to the store and get a refund and check out what else they have. You really have to be there to try on boots to make sure they fit. BP has been really good with CS and they've never given me any issues.

Bite the bullet, and get some good boots Jon. My Meindl Perfekt boots are 8 years old, and still perfect.

Sold at Cabelas.

Latest posts

Back