Options for short LOP inline ML?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tannhauser

Reaction score
I currently ML hunt almost exclusively with a CVA Accura MR. I love almost everything about this ML - it’s accurate, reliable and easy to clean.

I hate the LOP. It’s simply too long for me. During the summer when I’m at the range I can make it work. Once the colder weather hits and I’m wearing layers it’s really a pain for me to get behind the scope.

If I’m taking mid range shots on feeding deer where I can take my time it’s workable.

When I hunt the thick stuff and shots are close and fast I really notice the LOP issue.

If CVA offered a shorter LOP stock for the Accura I’d simply order that and be done. But they don’t.

I’m considering getting a second rifle if I can find one with a shorter LOP.

My criteria:

1. Must be BH209 compatible
2. Must be break action
3. Must have a LOP under 14”, with 13.5” LOP being the sweet spot but I can go a little shorter or longer.

Any suggestions?

Buy a replacement stock and cut it down. Add jb weld for the screw holes. I did this for my wife, works great.

Get the replacement stock and do what Cattledog says above. Should be able to cut up to an inch off the end, and still be able to use the recoil pad. Just need something for the screws to bite into.

cva-accura-mr-pr-replacement-butt-stock-black.jpg

Unless you're looking for a reason to get a new gun. Then I'd tell you to get a TC Encore frame and barrel and order a laminate stock from Boyds in any length you want.

Agree on the Encore, also think Contender. You can find TC .45 and .50 mzldr barrels, also EAB and others have them. Makes for a light, convenient carry rifle.

Based your Criteria:
My criteria:

1. Must be BH209 compatible
2. Must be break action
3. Must have a LOP under 14”, with 13.5” LOP being the sweet spot but I can go a little shorter or longer.

Any suggestions
TC Impact 13" to 14"
Blackhorn 209 compatible out of the box
Break action
I got one and very happy with the rifle, shoots nice using 100gr measured Blackhorn only issues are the trigger hammer is very low, gloves in a low scope not gonna work, no room for hammer extension, must use a little higher mount or fingerless gloves. My scope is low and I use fingerless gloves anyway.
No safety, hammer cocked, pull trigger goes bang, no crossbar or other safety. Trigger is very nice by the way.
Reasonable pricem find on sale cheaper but I bought the original not SB for $185. Shipped.
Pic is SB

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191116-075703.png
    Screenshot_20191116-075703.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back