Parker Ballistc Extremes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck

Reaction score
I sent an email asking where a dealer is in OHio. Ended up having Bob Parker call me (talk about customer service) and offer some reccomendations. I shoot a TC Pro, understand that most deer are killed under 100 yards but want that 200+ capability in field and range. He said he had just shot in 2 Pro's 1> 3 pellets T7 using his 250 Grain BE 2> 2 pellets T7 Magnum (red box) really raved on that 250 grain BE. Both used the black MMP sabot. If a man beleives in his product that much and takes gthe time to call me, I will look seriously at his product. I also want to here if anyone has experience w/ that bullet I shoot the 250 grain shockwaves w/ super glide sabot w/ 120 loose T7. This goes back to experimenting and having the cash to do it.

I have seen several deer taken with this bullet and feel it is a bit lacking at SMOKELESS SPEEDS.. but a notch better than the 250 SW all things being equal.

Now at 777 Speeds, I think this is a good bullet and I have sighted my own Encore in with them.

While not the best group, this is my first and only group with 250 BE's over 115gr of 777 FFg..... Time is short and I only have a few minutes after work until darkness arrives. :x

I am certain I can improve on this group as my swabbing and patching proceedure has been shelved for some time now.. :roll:

Picture015.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Really...after talking to Bob how can you NOT use his bullets! What a nice guy!

I use a Parker Ballistic Extreme, in either 250gr or 275gr in everything I hunted with this year except for one Savage with an extremely loose bore. My Savage laminate and Knight LRH both use the 250gr and my ULA and blue/synthetic Savage use the 275gr. Personally I've had no complaints. I killed two bucks, one doe and a hog with the 250gr and one buck, one mouflon, and one hog with the 275gr in the last two years.

This is the next bullet i want to try.How hard is it to load?The reason i ask is ,i been use the Barnes spit-fire TMZ 250 grain 50cal.While this bullet has been shooting just great ever since i started use the Barnes Aligner tool.The Bullet is just plain to hard to load in my Knight Magnum Disc Rifle with the yellow/ regular sabots.But i want a bullet that shoots just as good as these barnes bullets shoot [group wise].I use to use the Shockwaves.I do not want to go back to them,So i thought i would give these Parker Extremes a try,But i to would like some info on them on how they load and group,and stay together on impact.

I shot the 250 Ballistic Extreme in my Knight Disc. I was shooting 120 grains of Pyrodex RS and using a Remington Kleenbore Primer. I suspected the scope had failed on the rifle (Millet Buck) so I removed it and was shooting open sights. At 50 yards it would clover leaf them. I could not ask for better then that. I figured for the shooting I would encounter in my woods I could not get a better bullet to shoot. I was going to throw a Nikon Pro Staff on the rifle, but since I can not use scopes in the muzzleloader season saw no reason to. Of course, I never got a chance to shoot anything, so I can not tell how they would have acted on deer. But with that powder charge behind them, something was going to be in for a real bad day.

Has anyone noticed the need to really swab the devil out of the barrel though.. to get consistant accuracy? I am not talking an average swabbing of the barrel. I mean, Rusty Duck, two damp patched three and four dry patchs... Then that rifle will really shoot those things.

Has anyone noticed the need to really swab the devil out of the barrel though.. to get consistant accuracy? I am not talking an average swabbing of the barrel. I mean, Rusty Duck, two damp patched three and four dry patchs... Then that rifle will really shoot those things.

I never have. All I EVER do is use a spitpatch both sides then one clean and shoot. I do that for every bullet.

100_0294.JPG

Latest posts

Back