Passing along all of my muzzleloading equipment, sadly it's time

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michiganbowbender

Reaction score
At 72 and with all that's going on I have made the decision to end this segment of my hunting career,
it's been a fun ride and quite productive for me over the last 40 years.
I will still participate in the archery season for as long as I can and probably during the rifle season as well, but using a centerfire.
I have a few things I will be listing including a tack driving KRB7 stainless that killed a bunch of deer for me using 80grains (volume) using a card and Dans
all lead conicals.

Depending upon a members reply I may or may not have a CVA OPTIMA PRO 50cal Pistol in camo and stainless available. After seeing this listing on the Gunowners forum I may go that route, the wheels are in motion as I type this. His was black/stainless with a red dot sight, mine is camo stainless with no sight but a new sling and holster plus a few other accessories will be included. His was sold auction style...CVA Optima V2 muzzleloader pistol .50 Cal stainless\ black Burris red dot - Black Powder Pistols & Muzzleloader Pistols at GunBroker.com : 886017902 so it's very tempting if the member doesn't want it.
A few Harvester Sabots and Barnes bullets may be listed unless packaged with the rifle or pistol if sold here, and numerous loading tips, brushes, jags etc as well as a very nice Metal hard case that I kept the pistol and it's accessories in.

Keep an eye on the classifieds, things will be listed when time allows and you might find something there of use to you.......Don

Not exactly as much fun as I had hoped but I am fortunate to be able to participate in one form or another, many are not.
I had to give up the vertical 5 years ago so it's crossbow for me know as well.
I hate everything about them except for their accuracy and the fact that I can still spend my favorite time of the year in the woods.

Not exactly as much fun as I had hoped but I am fortunate to be able to participate in one form or another, many are not.
I had to give up the vertical 5 years ago so it's crossbow for me know as well.
I hate everything about them except for their accuracy and the fact that I can still spend my favorite time of the year in the woods.

No kidding huh? A crossbow has to be the most awkward weapon we could use.

At 72 and with all that's going on I have made the decision to end this segment of my hunting career,
it's been a fun ride and quite productive for me over the last 40 years.
I will still participate in the archery season for as long as I can and probably during the rifle season as well, but using a centerfire.
I have a few things I will be listing including a tack driving KRB7 stainless that killed a bunch of deer for me using 80grains (volume) using a card and Dans
all lead conicals.

Depending upon a members reply I may or may not have a CVA OPTIMA PRO 50cal Pistol in camo and stainless available. After seeing this listing on the Gunowners forum I may go that route, the wheels are in motion as I type this. His was black/stainless with a red dot sight, mine is camo stainless with no sight but a new sling and holster plus a few other accessories will be included. His was sold auction style...CVA Optima V2 muzzleloader pistol .50 Cal stainless\ black Burris red dot - Black Powder Pistols & Muzzleloader Pistols at GunBroker.com : 886017902 so it's very tempting if the member doesn't want it.
A few Harvester Sabots and Barnes bullets may be listed unless packaged with the rifle or pistol if sold here, and numerous loading tips, brushes, jags etc as well as a very nice Metal hard case that I kept the pistol and it's accessories in.

Keep an eye on the classifieds, things will be listed when time allows and you might find something there of use to you.......Don
Semper Fi Marine

From one marine to another,I just turned 70 last month and I can feel my time slowly slipping away from hunting as well.Thankfully I have a younger brother that helps me to and from my blind when we go out.When he gets tired of it will probably be it for me.Keep doing what you can when you can and enjoy it.Hooo rahhh. :elmer:

Sorry to hear this, but the fact you will still hunt is a good thing,I will be 61 in a couple weeks, and I can’t help but wonder how much longer I can do it . best of luck to you and thanks for your service

I can see the day when I can no longer deer hunt, but not anytime soon, I hope! I no longer go out in National Forrest and walk couple miles in, kill a deer and drag it out. Just hunt small farm woods now, some I can drive the truck to the downed deer if needed. Prefer to use my deer cart.
I will hunt squirrel's after that...

Don’t give up too soon fellows, I’m 75 and still hunting from tree stands, I may have to change to ground blinds before much longer.
I agree don't give up I don't use climbing stands except on very rare occasions usually ladder stands shooting house or blinds I hate Cross Bows but use them I will be 76 March just slow down take it easy watch your steps and keep going. Good luck to all

I've gone the other way as muzzleloading is my only hunting now at 77. Bad left shoulder can't bow hunt, to dam cold for me now during gun season. Muzzleloading in NY starts the third week of October. Where I gun hunt starts third week on November.

I won’t stop till I can’t move, hopefully its not for a long time, I still hunt from trees with the bow, box blinds with the gun.off shore tuna fishing is getting exhausting, but I can’t stop, one thing I won’t do is lay around the couch

Latest posts

Back