Perchies

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
A friend stopped by yesterday with a few [darned few at that] of the hard to find eyes so I put a few of them to use in making some perch baits for the camera.

These are 2-1/4", the perfect crappie size. And an easy size for me to work with. The six here in the picture took an hour to put together so they are sort of time consuming. We'll see what the fish have to say.

lvjSFDG.jpg

Do you make that in a small 6 to 7 in lizard those colors would do good on smallmouth in Arkansas where I fish in 3 weeks

I'm not making anything for sale right now as too much of the component market is shaky and I can't find things I need. Mnt monkey, I don't have a lizard mold that large.

If things become available at reasonable costs in the future, I'll probably be willing to sell some stuff, but things like the eyes are just plain hard to get and what can be gotten is super expensive. A buddy gave me a very few eyes and those went on these plastics. Only enough to do the six baits where the mold makes 12.

A friend stopped by yesterday with a few [darned few at that] of the hard to find eyes so I put a few of them to use in making some perch baits for the camera.

These are 2-1/4", the perfect crappie size. And an easy size for me to work with. The six here in the picture took an hour to put together so they are sort of time consuming. We'll see what the fish have to say.

lvjSFDG.jpg
This is a great idea. I tried making something like these back in the mid 60s, but the bait never made it to my destination..

I remember making a batch one morning, then having to go somewhere with my dad. Upon later returning to our smoky home, it was discovered the unit must have plugged itself back into the wall .. it was a miracle! A quick investigation determined the 'scorched' smells originated from my now toasted toy, compounded by the freshly burnt Levis at the rear central region of my body.

While I do enjoy occasional gummies/Mr. Twisters/rubber leeeeeches/etc., I first must wait until the drooling and tremors to subside..

Back