Pittman 300g Accumax

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_3268.JPG

Dougs136Schwartz sent this 45 caliber 300 grain Pittman Accumax Bullets. Note it was Knurled.

IMG_3255.JPG

The distance between the rifle, and horse is 25 yard; the powder charge is 80 grain Blackhorn.

IMG_3256.JPG

IMG_3259.JPG

The bullet was caught by the sixth (last) jug. A couple pieces of jacket were found on the ground near the horse.

IMG_3267.JPG

IMG_3266.JPG

IMG_3261.JPG

IMG_3270.JPG

bullet is doing what I thought it is tumbling after it enters , ust like FMJ will do

The bottom portion of the bullet looks that way because I Knurled the bullet before sending it to Ron . I was curious if that would weaken the .021 jacket . These bullets are made for long range accuracy . Mostly for smokeless muzzleloaders . I was just curious how they would perform at smoker speeds . Obviously not very well . A person will not know until one tries . I very much appreciate what Ron does .

We all wish all bullets would pass, based on what we've learned from Ron's 50grV test - TIPS are detrimental to performance for nearly all at that speed.
This is 80grV.

This one with the AL tip seems to divert direction (maybe due to hard point?) and I bet the tip came off, then the jacket as it turned off course. Maybe tumbled, but certainly looks like it went sideways.

BH209 data shows 80grV & 300gr bullets around 1650fps. An initial MV of 2050fps (avg 300gr MV) it would put this performance at 175yds.
With a 2500fps initial MV it would be 350yds.
Like many others that fail, we don't know at what point they stop performing like we'd like.

Thanks RON.

Looks like the Tin Man took a .... glad you finally caught one, I would hardly call that a fail, it would smack the snot out of almost anything walking going by the jugs.

Hmmm kinda looks like a lead chicken turd. Good stuff Ron

Looks kind of like a alien head ! I kind of think a faster twist may help . But average hunter does not have a fast twist .45 .

Looks like the best bullets to work at about any velocity is either pure heavy lead ,Leigh or Barnes. I made this comment regarding any velocity. I'm not trying to knock anyones bullets . I realize everyone has their favorites . I personally don't when it comes to hunting . I don't care about brand or cost I just want something that will perform well at a wide range of velocities. I take a lot of kids hunting and I would like to try and make a long range ethical ( if there is such a thing ?) Shot with Black powder or Black powder subs. That brings me back to needing a bullet that will work at any velocity.

Has the Parker Emax been tested ?

I'm sure most if not all of these bullets would work on a high shoulder shot ( given the bullet had enough weight maybe excluding the aluminum bullet lol) but I personally like and try to teach new hunters to place their shots in the boiler room.

Dougs136Schwartz said:
Has the Parker Emax been tested ?
I tested one on an antelope at a little over 300 yards . Not sure what the bullet looked like but the antelope looked quite dead after a 40 yd run . Tasted pretty good too :) , the antelope not the bullet .

Back