Pittman aeromax 325 grain 950 yards

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to apologize to everyone I think the drifting off topic was at the center my fault,, when I shot at what I thought was 600-yard Saturday afternoon I got real excited, it was a a 2.4 inch group, my cheap rangefinder had read a constant 597 598, 600 I checked it for five times off of my bench with a steady hand,I moved out again at what I thought was 350 yards past that Sunday evening I shot rangefinder from the 600 yard Target out to the 350 yards, I really thought I was close to between 9 and 9:50,again I was just sitting down and shooting I wasn't being technical and I realize I should have, MOA does not lie, and I sure don't want to either, I have rechecked the 600 yard the last two days at lunch when I go home to eat off of my bench it is still scanning at 5 97 598 the little. And circle on the range view are right square on the cardboard Target, I'll get that right and go back to shooting, I very much appreciate both weaving Ethic's and wisdom into the threads but also keeping the thread focus thank both of you, thank you Idaho Lewis for pointing out more technically, and you encore 50, I'm going to get my range marked off correctly and it won't happen again well I might get excited but I promise to stay more exact

I want to apologize to everyone I think the drifting off topic was at the center my fault,, when I shot at what I thought was 600-yard Saturday afternoon I got real excited, it was a a 2.4 inch group, my cheap rangefinder had read a constant 597 598, 600 I checked it for five times off of my bench with a steady hand,I moved out again at what I thought was 350 yards past that Sunday evening I shot rangefinder from the 600 yard Target out to the 350 yards, I really thought I was close to between 9 and 9:50,again I was just sitting down and shooting I wasn't being technical and I realize I should have, MOA does not lie, and I sure don't want to either, I have rechecked the 600 yard the last two days at lunch when I go home to eat off of my bench it is still scanning at 5 97 598 the little. And circle on the range view are right square on the cardboard Target, I'll get that right and go back to shooting, I very much appreciate both weaving Ethic's and wisdom into the threads but also keeping the thread focus thank both of you, thank you Idaho Lewis for pointing out more technically, and you encore 50, I'm going to get my range marked off correctly and it won't happen again well I might get excited but I promise to stay more exact
You'll get there and get it right, I'm positive đź‘Ť
As I mentioned earlier, I was just trying to understand more about what and/or how you got your specific numbers. Once you mentioned "14", that's when concerned peaked for me, as I use ballistics programs almost to a religious point. However I also know they will be extremely close, but with many varying factors, not exact. JBM is a very good program, rated by most as #2 behind Applied Ballistics. If you know a bullets BC and your drop, using the program you can get very close to your actual velocity. Its just reverse math.
Regardless, your dedication WILL get you what you're wanting.

All is good Mm !!! Dont go beating yourself up either . Stuff happens just like i said . You know it , i know it , many know it . Others may not want to hear it but it is still true . Its hard being human at times . The so called drift hurt nothing truthfully . Long range shooting at game IS suspect after a certain point regardless of sml or not . Bestill even has expressed this regret with a much honored reception of the video he made . Good Man . He has been much respected because of it even beyond his work skills . There is a lesson there for everyone to grasp . A drift , as it was , should not cause this level of strife amongst men . Thats my take on that . So rest easy , you are fine . Youll get all of this sorted out . After that its smile as ya learn and practice it !!! Wishing you Great Success !!!

I've never been on any kind of a website at all just a country boy stuck out here in the woods,when I posted Saturday evening and Sunday evening you were hearing the post of little boy excited about a whole New world, I don't think you will meet anyone as obsessed with muzzle loading as I am, I have had many other passions in life and I've mastered them, this one might take me the rest of my life but I'll shoot till my fingers bleed,, I study, I read a lot and I look at the technical aspects of muzzleloading and distance shooting but I tend to learn by doing,, making mistakes sometimes, I spent a lot of years fighting when I was a young man I learned to let ego go, I learned to lose, to be less than, but that does not mean that I don't want to win I want to win, shoot the best I can possibly shoot I'm shooting against myself, thank you sideshow, Idaho Lewis and encore 50, we're going to have to all get together in a few years and shoot of course I plan on beating all of you

I've never been on any kind of a website at all just a country boy stuck out here in the woods,when I posted Saturday evening and Sunday evening you were hearing the post of little boy excited about a whole New world, I don't think you will meet anyone as obsessed with muzzle loading as I am, I have had many other passions in life and I've mastered them, this one might take me the rest of my life but I'll shoot till my fingers bleed,, I study, I read a lot and I look at the technical aspects of muzzleloading and distance shooting but I tend to learn by doing,, making mistakes sometimes, I spent a lot of years fighting when I was a young man I learned to let ego go, I learned to lose, to be less than, but that does not mean that I don't want to win I want to win, shoot the best I can possibly shoot I'm shooting against myself, thank you sideshow, Idaho Lewis and encore 50, we're going to have to all get together in a few years and shoot of course I plan on beating all of you
I have a Match every year you all are welcome to shoot

..................of course I plan on beating all of you
Positive attitude!

All things said and gone, I'm very interested in hearing of your findings for actual yardage, etc. Especially your future shooting at range.
We can work wonders with a ballistics program for you, but we can't make it absolute perfect. Get back at it and if you do need ballistics information, some of us can help with that.
Good luck.

PS...…… you do know what they say about the "best laid plan"? :)

That is their Impact 29 (MOA Reticle) The 14th line would be 14 MOA, How fast is that 325 Grain Pittman aeromax Traveling from your Rifle?

https://www.leupold.com/reticles/reticle-impact-29-moa-174
Thanks for posting that info & link, It's a very nice scope. I've had numerous SFP scope in yrs past but I moved to FFP scopes for the better/longer range mag CF's I've had. The viper PST 5-25x50 IRMOA is the biggest & most expensive scope I've ever put on a ML by far. .I learned how to shoot my guns by shooting my guns & learning Kentucky windage shooting was the way back them. I've never owned a chrony until last yr. I learned like Mtn Monkey, by how my bullets grouped or didn't told me how things was goin.

Just trying to get a grasp on what/how you're going about it.
I'm sending a 300gr XLD with a BC of .400 at 2,900fps. With a 100yd zero, I would need 33moa at 950yds. To only require 14moa at 950yds, I would have to zero at 700yds.

View attachment 8923

I would have absolutely no choice other than to dial for 950yds.

View attachment 8924

Just trying to figure it out...……...
I understand your point & the logis & math behind it. Great post

Latest posts

Back