plunger guns

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubby

Reaction score
does anyone builds plunger type guns like gonic or white? :D

CVA makes the Buckhorn Magnum which is a plunger gun. But most have went to the bolt or break open as that seems what people want. And Knight I think still makes a plunger style gun. Its called the Bighorn.

I don't know of any rifle maker that makes a rifle I would compare to a White or Gonic. Other then maybe Doc White.

Knight still makes the Bighorn as previously posted. You can still pick up some reasonably priced MK-85 which are by all accounts the cat's meow of the plunger MZs. Reminton 700's are by far the best Deal floating around out there on the Used market. You can usually find Used to NIB ones selling for Anywhere from $150 to $300 if you do your homework. Add to them a Hunter Bolt Nose conversion kit and you have one of the best " Plunger MZ's' ever Built.

thanks ,i have a gonic & was just wondering if any were available,my muzzleloading addiction is becoming as bad as my traditional archery addiction :D :D

rubby what cal of gonic do you have :?: i've got a model 87 in 45 cal very nice to carry

Knight has the bighorn and little horn....difference is barrel length and I think the little horn has a 22 inch barrel and is more youth style than the other one.

T-Duster said:
Knight has the bighorn and little horn....difference is barrel length and I think the little horn has a 22 inch barrel and is more youth style than the other one.

They also offer a Wolverine still today...

wolverine_150.jpg

i have another question about plunger guns,what do you do to stop the burning on bottom of scope,i wrap electrical tape & put buckskin over tape :)

rubby said:
i have another question about plunger guns,what do you do to stop the burning on bottom of scope,i wrap electrical tape & put buckskin over tape :)

I make a scope bra out of duct tape. They fit over the open breech part of the scope and you can take them off and wipe off the fouling after your shooting day.

rubby said:

As Cayuga said... scope bra's - Home made and home fashioned...

And this UC's pattern for a bra

Thanks for the pics SL.

All I've ever done on my Knight plunger guns to this point has been put electrical tape on the scope between the rings. I use a fairly heave gauge tape, and cut to fit. Never had an issue, and without looking closely, you wouldn't even know its on there. I've shot over 50 shots in a range session with no issues.

Back