Primers for Blackhorn 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is what I use in my U-Lites. They have worked very well for me
What bullet would you recommend for hunting elk? I am looking to choose between the Thor Hammer 300 grain which are non-saboted, and the Barnes Spit-fire TMZ 250 grains (the highest grain available right now). Also, thank you for your reply about the W209 primers.

These work for me.

Attachments

• 9BBBD325-5E65-46DE-BB81-56FE623357AE.jpeg
    9BBBD325-5E65-46DE-BB81-56FE623357AE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
What bullet would you recommend for hunting elk? I am looking to choose between the Thor Hammer 300 grain which are non-saboted, and the Barnes Spit-fire TMZ 250 grains (the highest grain available right now). Also, thank you for your reply about the W209 primers.

Wait a couple of months SSK may be coming out with a couple of new sabotless solid Brass bullets that should really do the trick,

20230226-103636.jpg

IMG-1373.jpg

Wait a couple of months SSK may be coming out with a couple of new sabotless solid Brass bullets that should really do the trick,

20230226-103636.jpg

IMG-1373.jpg
Yes I’ll definitely try those out when they come out. They look really good. I am just not patient at the moment and want to get setup with a hunting load this season for elk. Will be first year muzzle loading. Recently got the ultralite and researching about others with ultralites in what works for them. Have you tried or heard about any of the two bullets I mentioned in the previous reply? Especially for the ultralite.

That is what I use in my U-Lites. They have worked very well for me
Sabotloader,

I am new to muzzleloading and need some advice.

I have an older original Knight 45 caliber Super Disc with 1:20 twist fluted barrel with new Lehigh BP and Conversion kit for bare primers.

I want to set up my ML to shoot whitetail deer at ranges up to 200 yds. Something that is simple, accurate and reliable for a notice like myself.

Question: What bullets, powder, loads and primers work best for my setup? What are the ballistics for these?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Blaine Burley

I reload 410 28 20 and 12 ga ammo. I use Winchester primers in my cva.
I use a ton of cheddite primers in my shotguns reloading. Here when 209 was hard to find. People started finding Cheddite and liked them. Thats one thing i will buy. If there on sale somewhere 209's.

Latest posts

Back