Primers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone please be kind enough to sell, or possibly trade or donate a few primers. I have purchase a new/old White 12ga shotgun about a moth ago.. It takes the #11 primers. I can find any of them for sale any place. I never thought I would see this day......here in the best country in the world.
Have you checked out any any hole in the wall gun store

Hi: The big blue tower is still there (here). They wanted to paint a big Hamburger on it but it never was approved, ha. Nope no primers yet,

cu,
pb
I have a camp by Zoar Valley and just drove by the tower and asked my wife why it was not painted yet. I live in Lancaster and have a lot of 209s but sorry that won't work for you. I have a Knight shotgun and put a 209 conversion kit on it. Don't know if you can do that with your White. Good luck.

I just checked on Cabela's and Sportsman's Warehouse near you. No luck on #11 primers. I have two White shotguns hope you enjoy them great for all kinds of small game hunting. Rome NY.

What is a resonable price? The answer is always "whatever the market will bear" We don't complain that retail clothing stores mark up clothes 100%. If you don't want to pay the price, don't pay. It really is that simple. The good news is that when the price goes up, so does the supply (in a free country). After hurricane Andrew a guy in OK rented a U-Haul and filled it with generators and drove to Florida to sell them for twice what he paid for them. What was the result? More generators in Florida. Admittidly, only people with money could afford them, but still, more generators. Why is that a bad thing? If you have the hunt of a lifetime coming up, it might be worth it to you to pay Gunbroker prices. At my age, every year could be my last hunt, so they are all hunts of a lifetime. Paying a steep price is better than not having any available. This too shall pass. I was very poor once, and I learned to stock up on essentials when I had money. When the silly toilet paper shortage happened last year, I already had a months supply. When .22s were priced ridiculously high, I had several thousand on hand. The time to hoard is when prices are low. Come to think of it, it is like the stock market. I too wish that hoarders would stop buying supplies are short, but they won't. Anyone near Albuquerque can PM me if you need a few primers.

I have a camp by Zoar Valley and just drove by the tower and asked my wife why it was not painted yet. I live in Lancaster and have a lot of 209s but sorry that won't work for you. I have a Knight shotgun and put a 209 conversion kit on it. Don't know if you can do that with your White. Good luck.
I hunted east otto often my boss had a place there and i was going to buy 10 acres from him but I quit so that didn't happen in time ! Lol

I lived in Lancaster for a while broadway near townline road right by the power line crossing

Respectfully no. Thats simply not true and it is infact opportunistic price gouging. Almost similar to wartime profiteering.

then again I've never been the type of guy to have somebody urinate on my back and call it rain with my acceptance.

An example is lil gun powder that I bought recently. $40 for 1 lb for something that usually goes for what 30?

Silly question; who is more at "fault"? The person asking the inflated price or the person paying the inflated price. Seems paying the higher price perpetuates the issue; if we are not willing to pay the higher price the item either goes unsold or the price gets lowered in order to sell. If you can get $40 for something, maybe I can get $50 and so on?

:rolleyes:it gets tiring when you explain things to people who just don't get it but I'm going to try.

Let's keep it simple MSRP what is it and why do we have it? MSRP stands for manufacturer suggested retail price. MSRP is set by the manufacturer. The MSRP is a fair price that the manufacturer feels is what their product should be bought by the end consumer.

This accounts for the manufacturing of the material by the manufacturer the cost of maintaining employees in the cost of shipping it out to the secondary supplier and distributor. This also accounts for the secondary supplier and distributors profit margin. Also accounts for his expenses to sell set product on his shelf if he chooses.

If you are involved in the the habit of selling above MSRP then yes you may be price gouging. Comparing market price of a commodity that goes up and down in value to a product manufactured with a specific specified MSRP is an apples to Orange comparison.

If at any point the manufacturer's price goes up chances are MSRP will go up and you'll be paying those prices at your local gun store. I couldn't possibly made it any more simpler than that. You're welcome.

Again to reiterate when an end supplier raises their prices above MSRP that's all profit for them. above and beyond what the manufacturer has suggested that they sell their product for. In other words their price didn't go up they're just charging you more because of the current climate. That is price gouging.

Along with other unscrupulous practices already mentioned above. Such as hiding inventory to promote more frequent visits to check in stock status. Having a retail brick and mortar but using your supplier / manufacturers pricing to resell online rather than the agreed retail location. Limiting available in stock ammunition to person's only who purchase new firearms.

All of this because retail location cannot sell what it doesn't have and when it cannot sell it can't make money so it has to come up with some creative and sometimes unscrupulous ideas to generate revenue.

As an example. An order is placed from your local gun store to its supplier let's say Hornady. Hornady is currently out of stock and will be for a number of months. Well people in my store used to buy Hornady frequently right? Again I can't sell it if I don't have it so I'll raise the prices on the crap that I do have. I'll call that supply and demand.

A question frequently asked by consumers at gun stores... I'm just curious did your price go up? if they answer yes I'd be highly dubious of doing business with them.

The trickle down effect. If and when the manufacturer's price goes up for their raw materials to manufacture their product and get it to their secondary supplier and ultimately to our guns they will raise the manufacturer's suggested retail price on products. That increase will be marginally passed on to the secondary supplier and the end consumer will end up paying a higher dollar amount reflective of the new MSRP for that item.

Hopefully this is brought some light to the difference between price gouging and supply and demand.

Back