pro hunter shooters

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot52

Reaction score
when your loading a sw or similar bullet do you just use power rod or add adapter to seat bullet or is rod made not to need it so you wont crush tip of bullet if you put adapter on end of rod it doesnt fit back ingun

oneshot52 said:
when your loading a sw or similar bullet do you just use power rod or add adapter to seat bullet or is rod made not to need it so you wont crush tip of bullet if you put adapter on end of rod it doesnt fit back ingun

I have a Triumph but it uses a similar/same ramrod. I bought the T/C Power Rod for the Pro Hunter and it works perfectly:

Pro Hunter Power Rod

The bullet-seating end is actually beveled out a little more than the ramrod that comes with the rifle. An SST or Ballistic Extreme fits fine and can be seated in the tightest of bores with no adapter/attachment necessary necessary. ultout.com actually has this ramrod at a lower price- $29.15.

oneshot52 said:

My power rod looks to me like it would mar or damage the bullet tip and eventually my rod if used with out a jag . I use a range rod that has the spin jag already on it and keep a spin jag in a fanny pack i use with the power Rod when i need to re-load while hunting . I also did'nt think my power rod would be long enough to seat a bullet with out a jag . :?: But i have never tried it . :idea: I also clean my barrel between shots and it defenty would not reach or hold a patch without the jag. I just bought two spin Jags and love them , way easier to load . The jag rotates with the bullet as it turns in the rifling . Just seems to load smoother and there is no way the bullet will ever get scratched or tore up .

++++5. The Power Rod that came with mine has a tapered end that is flared at the tip. Definitely not like the one in the link above, and definitely needs a tip of some sort to be used. I like the Spin Jag.

John S said:
++++5. The Power Rod that came with mine has a tapered end that is flared at the tip. Definitely not like the one in the link above, and definitely needs a tip of some sort to be used. I like the Spin Jag.

Maybe ya'lls Powder Rod isn't like mine:

Photo008.JPG

Factory Triumph rod LEFT...T/C Pro Hunter Power Rod RIGHT(works with Triumph)

IMG_0016.JPG

Factory Triumph rod LEFT...T/C Pro Hunter Power Rod RIGHT

All I can say is that it works PERFECTLY! Of course at the RANGE I leave the Power Rod in the gun and use a T/C range rod with a PR tip to load. I'm not that big of a fan of the Spin Jag...I hate attachments..

Latest posts

Back