Pure Black comparisons

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DESPERATE LEE

Reaction score
Has any one done any side by side comparisons of Holy Black? Goex 2F, Swiss 2F, Schuetzen2F or any others. I have on hand Goex 3F and Swiss 3F plus other subs Pyro P,RS and T7 2F and 3F. I can get Schuetzen for almost $10 a pound cheaper than Swiss but if it is inferior to Swiss then the $10 is of no concern for as little as i shoot now a days. Need expert advice here.
:wall::bang:
DL

Ive seen a few comparisons but they are older. Swiss clocked in at almost Triple7 speed. Pyrodex is about Goex speed or slightly less.

Olde Enyford is really close to Swiss and possibly faster with some loads.

I shoot Goex and Swiss. Swiss is cleaner and more powerful. Goex has softer fouling and is quite a bit cheaper and I can buy it locally. If I were a competition shooter I would probably go with Swiss but in reality Goex meets my needs.

I shot Goex 2f for years. I was gifted several pounds of Goex 3f, which I thought was better. Last year I bought some Swiss 3f and Old Ensyford 3f. I think that I like the Old Ensyford a bit more than the Swiss, price wise. To me they're pretty comparable.

Latest posts

Back