Questions/opinions on smokeless muzzleloader 50bmg build

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dcwman

Reaction score
Hi everyone so I have a question and it's bit of silly one but I'm more currious if it could be done ,and if so done safely .So my question is I have a 50bmg barrel and was currious if I could use it to make a smokeless muzzleloader that could shoot 50bmg bullets the big heavy bullets 660grain ?would it be possible? also a breech plug ,if the idea is possible I was thinking something like the tank style 3 groove intrupted locking threads

Its been done. One of the guys on Dougs or Hanks used a 50BMG barrel. I dont remember what plug or primer type he used.
https://hanksmessageboard.freeforums.net/thread/1404/linebauhs-50-bmg-sml?page=1
Oh if it's hank custom firearms he won't tell anything and he won't do anything with 50cal anymore thats what he told me in an email ,he wouldn't say why I actually have talked with him and asked if he'd make me a custom breech plug but he won't I don't know why .

Latest posts

Back