quitting while ahead....lol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
I made my weekly voyage to the gun club this morning to try and dial the Optima pistol into the .430 240 grain XTPs and to make sure the rifle is where I want it yet with the.430 300 grain XTPs. The charges are all weighed, 63 grains and 77 grains respectively.

The Accura rifle is dead on yet. I had nine loads and they all went into about an inch and three-quarter circle....about like the last session so It got cased up and the pistol came out. Of course in the time it took to get things oriented to the pistol the wind kicked up and I had one heck of a time getting that target tacked on the 50 yard backer. I finally prevailed with the paper and then the wind seemed to settle down a bit so I loaded and got down to work.

Ten shots. One to the left from a cold, clean barrel. The next a tad low. The following 8 stunned me. 50 yards. 1 3/4" wide X 1 1/2" high. That cluster a half inch high is 5 shots....two at the bottom of it touching, two at the top touching and one bisecting the whole nine yards. I came home after seeing this. The guns are cleaned and ready for deer. I'll likely shoot both again a few more sessions just to stay in touch with the guns but I am super happy with the way this pistol has come around with those .44 caliber 240's. I used a plain green harvestor sabot to get this group. Crush ribbed green sabots were used with the Accura.

I'm a happy camper.

TOe5MEn.jpg

Latest posts

Back