Range Day Celebration!!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tar-12

Reaction score
Just returned from the range. I was trying out a few suggestions concerning a load that would be easier for my son to load. 44grns. 5744,HPH 24s,300grn. XTP,Fed 209As. Preliminary results were outstanding!! Much easier to load, the accuracy really surprised me! 1in or less at a hundred yds. The rain ran me out of the range today. I feel I need to go back to check to make sure I am not dreaming!! :D I did not get to shoot as much as I wanted.I only got 6 shots off at a 100yds before the rain came.I let my 12 yr. old shoot apprx. 15 shots at 50 yds.His groups were hovering around 1/2 in. Very Promising!!!!!!!

Grouse said:
Sounds like you got a winner. :)
This particular load shot well beyond my expectations. I will shoot it some more to make sure. He had no trouble getting it loaded. The old load combo included the short black MMP and the 300 grn. XTP. On a cold fouled barrel, he did not have enough in his britches to getter done! :lol: This is a blessing. I will try it out in my HB as well.

The way that kid eats it won't be long until hard loading will no longer be a consideration. I bet when he grows up he will be able to push a .60 cal lead roundball down the barrel of that .50 Savage :shock:

Rifleman said:
The way that kid eats it won't be long until hard loading will no longer be a consideration. I bet when he grows up he will be able to push a .60 cal lead roundball down the barrel of that .50 Savage :shock:
:D It is more of a height issue, than strength.12 yrs. old, and he catches me off-guard with his strength sometimes.He had a kid at a wrestling match forfiet the match instead of facing him! SWEET!! Strike terror in their hearts!I have him working out now. Getting ready for season. Dwight, I might have to bring him down to eat once or twice a week for amusement(and my wallet :lol:).He still remembers that Sunday dinner! Mrs. Rifleman is still very high on his list!

I went through that with my son. He'd eat everything on the table and when it was all gone he'd be looking around the table for scraps. Had to keep your hands and fingers under the table or lose them :D .
I remember when he was 13 he had to have these high top runner, to old canvas type and they had to be red. They were size 12. After couple of weeks, I was sick of them. You'd see him coming home for lunch and he looked like Ronald MacDonald with those big red things of his feet. I dragged him of to a local shoe store and told the clerk to find him a pair of decent white sneakers in size 12. She said she'd check his shoe size to make sure of the size. Sure enough. Need size 13 now. That was the year I had to buy 2 pair of hockey skates at $250 a pop :cry: .
Sorry I got off the topic. :oops:

Rifleman said:
kid at a wrestling match forfiet the match instead of facing him

Smart kid :lol:
He had whipped this kid in a Tournament match 6 weeks prior,left him bawling for 30 minutes.That kid must of said something about taking his food! :lol:

Back