New Machined 240gr and 285gr Bear Creek Ballistics with Ballistic Tips

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was so excited to get the 250 fury star tip crimped to shoot good with the 4227 and then D55 had barrel damage issues with the short powder column of a fast powder in a similar gun and I had to pull back on it, I still would like to find another load that I can use with it. I need to try some more charges of Imr 4198 with it, I did weigh some up today. 51.5 50.5 55 and maybe do some 53. 56 gr. doesnt quite impress and neither did 59 gr.

MM, Now that I think about the bullet collection, I'm thinking I may be low on that cost figure. but I have a thing for bullets. lol I'll use them all I'm sure.

I'm sure there is a fancy psychological word for a love of bullets,I noticed those cast bullet people' kind of have issues too

Such beautiful pictures,, I need more of all those bullets,I confess I have an unnatural love of muzzleloader bullets

Nice!

Here's mine on hand. The nice part is, all of these bullets shoot very well in my smokeless muzzleloaders with the right load combo. 5 are jacketed lead cores, 10 are all copper :cool:
ugsCQf2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!

Here's mine on hand. The nice part is, all of these bullets shoot very well in my smokeless muzzleloaders with the right load combo. 5 are jacketed lead cores, 10 are all copper :cool:
ugsCQf2.jpg

What's the double cannelured red tip? Looks like a Hornady, but I've never seen that one before.

.458 250gr Hornady MonoFlex

I'm glad you brought that up. I looked thru my notes and can't find any record of shooting that bullet in the SML's. It's used in my 1895 Marlin 45-70 for a lighter weight deer load. I apologize for including that one in the pic.

(Adding more info. to my post)
I also couldn't find any record of me ever sizing that bullet...until now. The tip was removed for annealing, otherwise there is no way for me to Full Form these bullets. I'm looking forward to shooting some of these, I enjoy testing 'new to me' bullets and completely forgot about this one.
5b0fztq.jpg

Last edited:
I brought home a JD Gator and my wife thought i was stoopid. Til she drove it. Now i dont have a Gator any more. I bet i could get a new ML to replace it.

It's funny how if women are the least little bit involved in the outdoors with gardening, etc., they QUICKLY find out how handy, and labor saving, an ATV is.

And, are more than ready to put their ownership on it.

BYE!! BYE!! DADDY'S NEW HUNTING TOY!!!

I caught heck over buying a boat once, but when she and my son started taking it and going croaker fishing every summer, then she said we needed a bigger one! and every time I would use my boat she had rearranged everything in it.

I shot my last two Bear Creek Ballistics machined 285gr bullets, I wish I had a third and forth :think:

Same load as published earlier, I did forget to knurl these before running them thru the die :wall: , maybe they don't like to be knurled? Now I have to buy more to check.

100yds, 2 shot group, Full Formed, veggie wad, sized for a more firmer fit than before
0D3o009.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a great group and may be a great discovery in regard to the knurling!

I'm sure there is a fancy psychological word for a love of bullets,I noticed those cast bullet people' kind of have issues too
Ill bet I have 2000 for cartridge rifle and 500 for muzzle loader. When ever I see a sale and the price is right I need to buy some. The young man I mentor is interested in reloading. When I am no longer able he will have a windfall to enjoy.

Latest posts

Back