Ranger eport on 2 recent gunshow find roundball shooters!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koger

Reaction score
I made it to the range last Saturday, to shoot the new to me TC Hawkens and a H&A underhammer, both in .50 caliber. The TC was dead on at 25 and 50 left to right, but with the rear sight cranked all the way down, still shot about 11/2 inches high at 25, and about 2.5 inches high at 50, but did wad the group together. The H&A did not have sights, but weaver scoope bases, so I put on a Nikon 2x7 scope I had laying around. I was shooting at some orange stickers, about the size of a penny, and it hit about a bullet hole to the right. I clicked it over, and shot 3 more in the top half of the sticker, a ragged hole at 25 yds with the scope on 5x. I moved to 50yds and shot 3 that took the dot out, with a cloverleaf that had all three shots overlapped a little. My friend who was there cussed and stomped,, stated he could never be that lucky to have 2 ML's shoot that close to zero right out of the gate. I was using 50 grains ofo3fffg, with a 490PRB and  018 thick pillow ticking patches. Just thought I would share with you folks!

needs_10.jpg

NWTF Lobo said:
I disagree. He told a story that was easy to understand. 
I have tried a couple of times to post pictures on this site without success. Some of us are more tech savvy than others.

When it comes to pewters I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer...I just get lucky sometimes.

I agree I really don't like that picher I posted....but just sayin, It would be nice to see a picture when yer describing a gun.  :p

skoger said:
I will try to figure it out and post some pics.
Ron had made a suggestion for a photo site called  imageshack.com  so I tried it and it works great. I had a free trial period so I could see if I liked it or not.  All you do:  Upload your image, select link type = "Forum", select the size - small, medium or large, copy link and paste it on the forum thread.

several of us have been using "http://postimages.org", free and easy to use.  :Red tup:   :ttups:

Or even easier is using the upload program the forum offers right in the box where we type. Host An Image, click on it.

I like the forum's upload program. It's easy once you learn to ignore half the stuff on it.  ;)

Latest posts

Back