Red Dot Sight In In-Lines

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanM

Reaction score
I just put a basic 42mm Red Dot sight on my CVA Optima in-line. I've heard they do well with accuracy on muzzleloaders. Can anyone give me some feedback on their performance in hunting situations? It would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here in Massachusetts a lot of hunters have put red dots on their shotguns and muzzleloaders for deer. To be quite honest, most of the shots here are 50 yards and under, so maginification isn't as crucial as it is in other areas. They do work well when in close range, quick shots and the like. One thing to keep in mind is make sure that you have fresh batteries for each season. Many people have discovered their red dots going dead in the middle of a hunt. I change batteries before each opening day no matter what.

bigbore442001 said:
Here in Massachusetts a lot of hunters have put red dots on their shotguns and muzzleloaders for deer. To be quite honest, most of the shots here are 50 yards and under, so maginification isn't as crucial as it is in other areas. They do work well when in close range, quick shots and the like. One thing to keep in mind is make sure that you have fresh batteries for each season. Many people have discovered their red dots going dead in the middle of a hunt. I change batteries before each opening day no matter what.

Thanks bigbore, Where I hunt in Tennessee I'll be taking shots at 100 yds or less, so I think I'll go ahead and try it this season. Thanks again.

SeanM

I would like to equip a red dot on my 13 old boys American Knight. I have only used red dot?s onsome of my pistols and very limited knowledge of them.

What are some of the best value / performance red dots out there that I should consider?

Did not want to spend a lot of money because he will which to a scope in couple years when his hunting skills develop.

Any help would be apprenticed.
:)

I have a millet on my crossbow and really like it, now I realize this not a ML but it works very well. Here we have to use 1x scopes or open sights
I do like the red dot better than the 1x.
The batteries in the x-bow are going on 5 years and I hunt at least 40 days a year.
Redclub

It is my opinion that the reason many batteries die is that sometimes we forget to shut the sight off. That has happened to me more than once. So now I double check when I finish hunting.

Latest posts

Back