Redemption Video

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I gave it another go this morning, This time i used 1/8” Wool Felt ONLY, No Vege Fibre. When Vege Fibre works, it can work REALLY good, But i have seen it Cause Problems With my GG Bullets, They are to “Hit n Miss” for my Liking with GG bullets, They work GREAT with My PP loads

Here is this Morning’s Video, I think you will see there is nothing wrong with my Rifle changing POI, Yesterday’s Culprit was the Vege Fibre Wad on top of the Powder, As you can see in that Video after the 3rd shot i knew something was BAD wrong and i called it, I then Switched to 1/8” Wool Felt for the Last 2 shots and they landed under an inch from eachother, i have no doubt if i had of brought more components my other shots would have Pounded right in there with the last 2! I know this gun VERY well :yeah:

[youtube]uUuE9WGPP7c[/youtube]

Good shooting there Lewis.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Those last two were 'jim dandy'

I really wish we had some shooting weather! All of this is really making me want to break out my old Rene with LRH and do some shooting, It has been a really long time since that rifle has seen the light of day!

Great Shooting Lew!!! Guess you got over being nervous while being filmed! :lol: Your shooting ability with that 45 LRH bbl with the 1-30" Twist and peep sights AMAZES ME. We all bow down to your shooting ability. :prayer:

sabotloader said:
Those last two were 'jim dandy'

If you are talking about the .308 at the end, That was a 3 shot group, if you watch the Video closely you can see the 3rd shot go through Shot number 1, It measures out at 0.192

aHgvpbu.jpg

sabotloader said:
I think you are absolutely correct - the 3rd shot is in the group! GREAT Shooting

I assure ya it’s in there :yeah: It would be tough to miss that entire Target and Backing with that Rifle :lol:

I really don’t like to shoot my Scoped Rifles much, It’s to easy to become dependent on a Scope, and then it’s Tough for me to transition back to my open sights. I haven’t shot this .308 Since Hunting season last year, I know It doesn’t belong in here since it’s a Scoped Centerfire but i figured since i was out there with it i would get 2 birds with 1 Stone!

The reason for the Videos is to show validity, When i post groups and talk about how/what i did, you can take it to the Bank that i did it. I share my Bad outings with my Good ones, I’m not gonna lie to ya, i was taught better than that :yeah: I truly enjoy helping others here on the Forum, To help a new guy out, and peak his interest in this stuff is what it’s all about!

Great shooting!! Wish I had a place like that to shoot, but couldn't anyway yet as it is still raining every day since last Friday and two more days yet for cast for more rain. :shock:

toytruck said:
Great shooting!! Wish I had a place like that to shoot, but couldn't anyway yet as it is still raining every day since last Friday and two more days yet for cast for more rain. :shock:

I sure wish we had your rain!! This country is on fire all around here, The Air Quality is rated in the Unhealthy Zone, Yesterday was horrible, Couldn’t even see the sun through the Smoke. This Particular Sand Pit where i have been shooting is my Least Favorite place Due to all the people that use it, But right now with our EXTREME Dry conditions it is the only Safe place i know of to Shoot a Muzzleloader.

Harleysboss said:
If it would just fall on Seattle and leave us alone I would be ok with it.

:lol: :lol: Hear ya there!! I just talked to a County Guy (Friend) this evening about the Little Sandpit just outside of town that they recently Blocked access to, He told me that i can stil Park at the Gate and Walk in (i kinda figured this, But wasn’t 100% Sure?) I REALLY miss that Darn spot!! It was super convenient for me living here in Town, and i could shoot out to 125, maybe even 150 yards if i Corner to Corner stretched it, A true 100 yards was easy to get, i had that marked :yeah: It is also Sandy out there, no need to worry about a Fire. Now i need to Think up a Sled, Buggy of some sort to Tote my gear out there? This winter will be easy, i can load up my ice Fishing Sled and Slide it out there :yeah: It sure is a bummer to see these little places get Blocked off like this due to IDIOTS dumping garbage etc. Rumor has it that the Sherrif Dept might Buy that little Piece of Land? They used it for MANY MANY years to Weapon Train

Those hazardous air quality warnings have been popping off here in Minnesota like a pack of firecrackers. Something with the Jetstream. We're short on rain here too in many areas and those that don't need more rain keep getting it while the rest of us stay dry. Yesterday we had a massive low pressure area with good rain pass thru the area only to split and go right around where I live. I measured 2/10's of an inch in the gauge while just 80 miles west of here they had upwards of 3" in places.

Yea, This is Nasty stuff! I took this Pic Sunday as the Wife and i were pulling out of town headed for the Big City, There is a VERY LARGE 20 mile long Mountain Range behind that Smoke, We sit at 2300 ft, The Top of that Mountain buried in the Smoke is 5,120 Feet. We drove 50 miles South of us after this picture and the Smoke never Changed. We need Rain BAD

6qbkw88.jpg

Back