Remington 700

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwm

Reaction score
gentleman, I was given a Remington 700 muzzleloader, not the ultimate, the gun is in great condition outside but the barrel is deeply pitted by the powder Collum , I really like the feel of this gun and was wondering if anyone ever had an aftermarket barrel installed on one, could be worth it since I got it free , thank you

People swap out those barrels all the time. Luke at Arrowhead Sporting Goods might even have some OEMs laying around in good shape. Get the updated 209 bare primer upgrade at the same time.

http://www.arrowheadsporting.com/

Check with Bestill also. I might have a nice used barrel from a pull too.

Asg has one , but he doesn’t offer the swap , not sure how hard it is to do properly.

Using the factory barrels,the swap isn't hard but 90%+ of the time the sight screw holes and ramrod spring wont line up where you want them when you screw the new barrel on. If this wont bother you I have a few barrels, both blued and stainless. If you have it machined to fix this problem, then it gets costly.
Most after market barrels are made for the smokeless style plugs so you end up doing a full blown smokeless conversion. PM me for more information

I would highly suggest taking up Derfhunter on his offer. Not many know the 700ML as well as he does and he invented the Hunter 209 smoker kit.

Derfhunter I sent you a pm just not sure you got it. Still trying to figure this new format out , I am a little handicapped with technology

Latest posts

Back