Retired in TN

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The TN muzzleloader season doesn’t start until November 6 this year. Sounds like you have a great set up though.
My error. Thanks for correction. ML deer season starts Saturday Nov 6 in TN, and the harvest restrictions vary according to the zones or areas being hunted.

Center,
Welcome to TN and to the forum. I have a small farm (93 acres) outside of Crossville. In-law's have the place next door which gives us about 365 acres to roam. Muzzleloader season is a special time of the year for us and the rest of the year is just days waiting for hunting season to get here.

Good luck this season and thanks for your service.
Thank you. Best of experiences to you hunting deer this season too.

Hope you’re Tennesse opener went better than mine. We have have a bumper crop of acorns and they are barely touching our 20 or so green fields.

Field hunters around my area near the TN and Buffalo Rivers are reporting same. More acorns on the oaks and now on the ground too than I have ever seen. I have been fighting a nasty sinus cold for a week, and have not the energy to comfortably deal with a dead deer in the woods where I hunt. All the work starts after the trigger pull, and I know there can be hours of hard labor from blood tracking, to gutting, to roping and retrieving from down in a hollow, transporting back home, preparing to skin & quarter, keeping cold, tagging, skin & quarter, etc. If I was hungry, poor, and needed it for nutrition, I'd have a deer opening day - nasty hacking cough runny nose no energy and all. But, I want to regain my energy and readiness to deal with the dead deer before I go take a trigger pull. Patience is a trait learned after a lifetime of impulsiveness.

Latest posts

Back