ROA Holster

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remember if you shoot the pistol and put it in dirty, and then clean the pistol, when you put it back in the holster it will get corrosive stuff on it again....

Interesting, I've never experienced that with any of my other pistols.
I bought a nylon holster for my ROA & put the gun - in between shooting, in the holster. The transference of soot from burnt T7 into the nylon. I cleaned the gun, wiped it down with a rag sprayed with Balistol, then put it back into its new holster. Some months later, when I took it out, it was covered in rust. I was in shock.

Really nice work on the holster anyone would be proud to have that.
I am curious what scope mounts you used?
Will any Blackhawk mounts work or are these specific to an roa? Asking for a friend lol.

My ROA uses open sights. I use the old army cavalry (flap) holster.
However, holsters for .44 Ruger Blackhawk work, too.

My ROA uses open sights. I use the old army cavalry (flap) holster.
However, holsters for .44 Ruger Blackhawk work, too.
I have a Leather Ruger Blackhawk holster that I used till I put the scope on the Old Army. I didn't want to cut it because I'm getting another Old Army in a trade next month.

Last edited:
Storing pistols in holsters of any kind will end with a rusty or corroded pistol sometimes. Many do this anyway until they learn the hard way
My Walker has lived in it's holster for several months since the last time I shot it; not seeing any rust.
The Ruger has been in the holster since the day I started this thread.
I should've mentioned that I treat the inside of the holster with my beeswax/grapeseed oil mixture before I stitch it up.

Attachments

• 20231103_154715.jpg
    20231103_154715.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • 20231103_154728.jpg
    20231103_154728.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231103_154805.jpg
    20231103_154805.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
My Walker has lived in it's holster for several months since the last time I shot it; not seeing any rust.
The Ruger has been in the holster since the day I started this thread.
I should've mentioned that I treat the inside of the holster with my beeswax/grapeseed oil mixture before I stitch it up.
If had to keep a pistol in a holster a good wax coating on the leather could be decent protection in a low moisture and temperature controlled environment. Unfortunately I have found any coating seems to attract grit leading to surprise scratches. For those who need to carry in holsters out in the open elements your coating sounds like a good solution. Better than Rig grease or just oil maybe...c

made this, works for me, weak side cross draw/strong side vertical

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    697.5 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    702 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    700.5 KB · Views: 0
Back