Road trip to emaine ss

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeatMachine

Reaction score
Picked up a few goodies today. The cleaning rod is a 36” rotating handle that is so smooth it feels like it has ball bearings in the handle. Patches are high quality cotton. I got some 45cal wool wads also.

Attachments

• IMG_1217.jpeg
    IMG_1217.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1213.jpeg
    IMG_1213.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I thought I would throw this in there. It’s my 4x4 silverado 2.7 4 cyl turbo miles per gallon for this trip.

Attachments

• IMG_1212.jpeg
    IMG_1212.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
It’s a great engine but when I posted it on gbo several years ago I got attacked by many including a moderator but I held my ground.

Do you check your mpg with actual calculations.?
The several vehicles (especially trucks) I have had over the years with internal computers, none were closer to true numbers than 4 MPG optomistic computed over multiple consecutive tanks..

But even subtracting a few mpg, that is still super good!

Yes I do and it’s usually within. .5 mpg and sometimes it’s better calculated at the pump. I did put a new air filter in it the day before and I did fill the tank before the trip with one click after the fill. So you can tell by the fuel gauge it got great mileage. I will check it at the pump when I finish this tank.

Back