Sabots?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My black blue Scout is set up for the lighter sabot loads. It has the longer DI plug from Hankins. It takes most of the 45-70 chamber out. I have a very small powder chamber. I wanted to shoot the faster powders like N110. I shoot bullets mainly from 180gr to 225gr. I shoot 28 to 38 gr. of N110 with a 180 to 225 gr. bullets in a HLB sabot with a Eastern Maine wool wads.

Maybe has to do with the ignition set-up. I have a NEF with a Savage BP using the bushing set screw. I can go as low as 15.0 gr of Blue dot/ 25 gr of VV110, same load of SR4759. Something i have noticed using Blue dot from 15.0 to 17.5 gr my groups stay decent. When i get to 18.0/18.5 gr they start walking in a vertical line. I am thinking i will have to move up to 19.0 or higher to get them into a tight group again. Traces show i can safely go to 22 gr. but the recoil gets nasty past the 20gr. I don't do nasty very well on my left shoulder anymore, n i am a south paw.

Most I’ve seen is 24 in a box for $27. Have to buy the harvester light blue sabot seperate. Graf & Sons has them in stock currently

Back