Savage Blued / Laminate

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage Blued / Laminate 10ML

• I would like to see a Savage blued (chrome moly) laminate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would NOT be interested in a 10ML Blued / Laminate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would like to see that version offered. It would seem only logical, since you can get the stainless in synthetic black, camo, and laminate, that you could get teh blued in laminate as well.

I personnally like the looks of a blued rifle a lot better than stainless
I am sure there are a couple more that have the same opinion.
Redclub

I voted no. Non stainless rifles just really don't interest me much anymore. I REALLY like stainless, I guess because it's just so purty! :lol:

Redclub said:
I personnally like the looks of a blued rifle a lot better than stainless
I am sure there are a couple more that have the same opinion.
Redclub
AB-SO-LOOT-LEE! BLUED GUNS ARE BETTER LOOKIN'

That is exactly what I would have bought this summer if it had been available! I even considered calling Savage to ask if I could special order one that way. But, I wanted to hurry up and get it, so I went with the stainless and laminate.

I would probably have bought one if they had been available but I bought another SS/Laminate.

Sure, why not. The importance of stainless certainly diminishes a bit with smokeless.

Another option: send your SS gun off and get it blackened.

If you're going all out for "purty", why not lobby for a high-polish blue with an ML-modified 14 Classic stock?

1SHOT1KILL said:
I would like to see that version offered. It would seem only logical, since you can get the stainless in synthetic black, camo, and laminate, that you could get teh blued in laminate as well.
It would seem logical as well for Sav. to offer a left hand version,as they do in the other lines,and while I am a wishing,a walnut stocked version would work as well!

I voted no. There are more important issues such as a dedicated bolt stop/release.

big6x6 said:
I voted no. There are more important issues such as a dedicated bolt stop/release.

I hear what your sayin Chuck but this a easy offering. All Savage has to do is slap the blue on the laminated stock. :)

big6x6 said:

I agree, that is more important, but seems much less likely to happen. Plus, there's still no reason that with that change they couldn't offer the blue/laminate!

I wish they would offer a stainless with out sights(read plain barrel) in a laminate stock! This too would require nothing more than droping a plain barreled action into the laminated stock. I use scopes on all my guns! The sights are(for me just another thing to remove,and throw in a box.) The only thing they would have to do is add another model number( ML10-II PB SS LS),or ML10-II BB LS. Seems too easy! Plus they could have two new model offerings for 2006! :D Ron

Blued/Laminate would be about the last thing Savage needs to do.

Third pillar
lighten the gun
bolt stop
loose the vent-liner
Recoil pad

You guy's get the point. :D

Hey Chuck, Tom I hadn't thought of it that way so I'd vote yes with the overall improvements to the gun lsited above.

sounds good to me, i think alot of people would buy a blued gun in the laminate stock, especially if it was in the black shades of laminate.
sb

savagebrother said:
blued gun in the laminate stock, especially if it was in the black shades of laminate.
Now THAT might be kinda purty in a grey/black laminated stock! Hadn't thought of that!

yeah like my super 91 .410 with black ice coating.
sb
s91410.jpg

Back