Savage put away for another year

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Tomorrow is the last day of muzzle loading and won't be going out, since I've already filled 4 tags with. Saving my last tag for the rifle season. So this morning I took my Savage apart, gave it a good cleaning, oiled the inside of the bore and rubbed some oil on the snout of the breech plug and vent liner. the breech plug was cleaned out w/5/32 bit and lots of crud came out. Vent liner and breech plug came out with will hardly any effort. I also put my Camo away. With the end of "Primitive Weapons :D Season" no camo can be worn and here in Saskatchewan all Big Game hunters have to wear a complete out suit of White, Yellow, Red or Blaze Orange. The hat can be any of these colours except white.
Savage should be fine shape for the winter and a quick wipe next spring and it'll be ready to go.

I think I'm going to take my 243. I have one antlerless tag left and not much space for the meat so I plan to take another mulie fawn. The 243 shots flat and I can easily get 1" groups so plan to take a head shot. Have 4 weeks to wait for just the right oportunity.

Hey RAF,
You can use your camo in the Shotgun/Muzzleloader zone around Saskatoon during the rifle season.

I'm just getting geared up for whitetail and plan on using my Savage 'til the end of the rifle season.....It's much better than using my shotgun.

DeerNut I know that but don't know where to go or know anyone where I could hunt. Besides, way to many deer in my spot and have to do my part to thin the herd :D .

Ah, I just assumed you had been hunting in the muzzleloader/shotgun zone this whole time. I apologize, you are correct.

Latest posts

Back