• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Scope deals i will update as i find them

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HUGE HEADS UP GUYS!!!!

MidwayUSA has Sightron SII BigSky scopes for under $300 and a few STAC 2-10x32s left. Dont know where in the world they found them but the SII BigSky scopes are killer scopes made in Japan.....Gettem while you can.....I got mine ordered. These were the Zeiss Conquest killers back in the day.
https://www.midwayusa.com/centerfire-scopes/br?Brand=Sightron&cid=11396&sortBy=5
Always wanted this scope.

Last edited:
Blows my mind they even got them. I dont think they lasted more than a few years because they ate into SIII sales.

Hard to get much better specs and glass for a light weight ML hunting scope. I gave $211 and change delivered. Had to pay tax because of being in Mo.
3-9x42 HHR specs....The others are close in weight and eye relief too. The zero reset is a really nice simple feature.

Weight13.4 Ounce
Tube Diameter1"
Power VariabilityVariable
Minimum Power3
Maximum Power9
Adjustment Click Value1/4 MOA
Adjustment TypeClick
Exposed TurretsYes
Finger Adjustable TurretsYes
Turrets Resettable to ZeroYes
Zero StopYes
Turret HeightLow
Fast Focus Eye PieceYes
Lens CoatingFully Multi-Coated
WarrantyLifetime
Rings IncludedNo
Sun Shade IncludedNo
Lens Covers IncludedYes
ReticleHHR
Reticle ConstructionWire
Illuminated ReticleNo
Holdover ReticleYes
Reticle Focal Plane Location2nd
Parallax AdjustmentFixed
Fog ProofYes
Shock ProofYes
Overall Length (A)12.6 Inches
Eyepiece Bell to Objective Bell Length (B)5.47 Inches
Objective Bell to Turret Length (C)2.13 Inches
Eyepiece Bell to Turret Length (D)1.97 Inches
Eyepiece Length (E)3.39 Inches
Objective Bell Length (F)3.7 Inches
Objective Diameter (G)1.99 Inches
Eyepiece Diameter (H)1.63 Inches
Objective Lens Diameter42 Millimeter
Eye Relief3.8-4.1 Inches
Field of View @ 100 Yards Minimum Power31.9 Feet
Field of View @ 100 Yards Maximum Power11.3 Feet
Maximum Windage Adjustment70
Maximum Elevation Adjustment70

MidwayUSA actually has a better price in the SII 36x42 target scope. They had a better deal on a few SIIIs also but sold out. The SIII 8-32 fine plex was a steal at just under $500. Cameraland still has the best STAC pricing though and several SIIIs. Guys looking for a 4-20x50 should take a good look at it in plex if you want a hunting reticle. Love mine.

Sure hope Sightron pays more attention to what a hunter needs more often. The SII Big Sky was a great line of scopes. They never should have stopped making them or at least kept a couple like the 3-9x42 and 3-12x42. They kept the SII 36x42 going on 12 or 13 years now. They used to offer a SIIB in a 6x42 also. Man i would love to find one of them NOS.

Looks like Burris may stop making the FFII line. Cameraland is out of all them but the 6.5-20x50 They do have it cheaper in mildot. $179 at Cameraland. Either the Burris website is acting up for me or they removed content from the FFII section.

My SII Big Sky 3-9x42 HHR arrived today. Sweet clicky turrets, nice glass and great eye box. The HHR reticle is quite thin though. Super impressed with the turrets for a hunting scope.

My SII Big Sky 3-9x42 HHR arrived today. Sweet clicky turrets, nice glass and great eye box. The HHR reticle is quite thin though. Super impressed with the turrets for a hunting scope.
I have three sightrons and they are all solid scopes

Latest posts

Back