Scope resale

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwhunter

Reaction score
We have had the ole discussion on the board about resale of good scope verses cheap scope. To prove a point I just sold a Leupold Vari-X III 3.5x10-40mm on Ebay for $340. I had purchased the scope 10 years ago in 1995 from Gander Mountain for $386.99 for difference of $46.99, so best I can tell it cost me $4.76 a year to own/use this scope. Again you get what you pay for. 8)

Last year I purchased a new Leupold VX-II 1-4x20mm for 189$. After using it for a year I sold it for 210$ a few months ago.

So I got a years free use, and my original shipping costs were even covered!

You all know I am a Leupold fan but in the long range competition circles Nightforce is starting to take over. Apparently they have fewer tracking problems. Just thought some of you inquiring minds would like to know.

Making money on used scopes :D . I can go one better.
In 1974 I bought my house for $26,900. Today it's valued at $179,000.
Gee I should sell but where would I go :(

Sorry about that but couldn't resist. 8)

Rifleman said:
You all know I am a Leupold fan but in the long range competition circles Nightforce is starting to take over. Apparently they have fewer tracking problems. Just thought some of you inquiring minds would like to know.
I used a Nightforce 3.5X15 56MM on my ML-2 for 3 years, and it is a GREAT scope. GREAT BIG and HEAVY. Optically, I don't think it can be beaten and the tracking was excellent, but it was just too much scope for the ML-2. I wish they made a lighter scope - even the 50MM is very heavy. With relatively little experience with a wide variety of scopes, I do believe the Bushnell 4200 2.5X10 40 mm is a good value for the 10-ML2 or SMI :D . I currently use the Sightron 3X12 11 42 MM MD and believe it is a good scope but do not think it's low light qualities are even average. Somehow my son has managed to get the 4200 for his ML-2 leaving me with the Sightrons for my SMI and ML-2. RB's 45 gets honored with a 50MM 4.5+14 Var-X3 which is plenty bright.

Who sells Nightforce scopes ?? What is there price range ?? Thank you

mooseran said:
Who sells Nightforce scopes ?? What is there price range ?? Thank you

Well over a $1000. I understand they are extremely heavy also.

Bushnell 4200 4-16 x 50mm.. i paid $305 on ebay last year, new in box. They list for $549. at Cabela's :shock: . Best scope ( so far) that i have owned. Some people dont like the 50mm, i love it. If you wait untill after most hunting seasons are over,like around march, you can get some great deals!

Does Leupold's warranty cover subsequent (non-original) owners of their scopes? Warranty coverage is the biggest reason I would spend more money to buy new instead of used.

Mountain Man said:
Does Leupold's warranty cover subsequent (non-original) owners of their scopes? Warranty coverage is the biggest reason I would spend more money to buy new instead of used.

My experience with Leupold and Bushnell warantee service is.............they made it and they will fix it no-matter who bought it.

Leupold-has a lifetime warranty,no matter who bought the scope,and nightfoce is a great scope-a little pricey,but check USO scopes out they are about twice the price.
cliff

Back